And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 06, 2011, 05:32:14 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 06, 2011, 05:29:45 PM
Got round to seeing 'The American' - throughly enjoyed it.  :)

God I now hate George Clooney even more.  :P

Did you see Goodnight, and Good Luck?  That's a worthwhile flick.

Yes, saw it a couple of years ago, very well done. By coincidence I'd just watch the HBO (?) B&W remake of that classic 60s live tv show they made about an accidental nuclear crisis, was it called 'Fail Safe' ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

wasthat that the lat episode of M&AS&SH?
PDH!

HVC

Someone's head is gonna hurt tomorrow :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 06, 2011, 05:29:45 PM
Got round to seeing 'The American' - throughly enjoyed it.  :)

God I now hate George Clooney even more.  :P

You should just succumb to it.  There's no dishonor in a Clooney Crush.

CountDeMoney

Watched Used Cars again.

For a film that was overshadowed by the release of Caddyshack and The Blues Brothers the same year, as well as Animal House still in some theaters, it is truly a comedic gem that stands on its own.  Doesn't get enough props.  Hilarious in so many ways.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:48:45 PM
Watched Used Cars again.

For a film that was overshadowed by the release of Caddyshack and The Blues Brothers the same year, as well as Animal House still in some theaters, it is truly a comedic gem that stands on its own.  Doesn't get enough props.  Hilarious in so many ways.

You had to remind me of that one. Must watch Lenny and Squiggy interrupt Carter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:50:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:48:45 PM
Watched Used Cars again.

You had to remind me of that one. Must watch Lenny and Squiggy interrupt Carter.

These prices are just TOO FUCKING HIGH!

And Frank McRae was great in it.  Better than 1941.

Josquius

I've decided in a fit of home sickness to look up old shows set in the north that I've never watched before.

Gently Go Man- Ah, the good old British snore fest detective show. Just as lame with a few northern accents as it is with a bunch of southerners or pretend Swedes.

55 Degrees North- Now this....seems interesting. A bit faster and more of a proper cop show. Though the chase through the city kind of made me laugh, it was so overtly a bit of a tourist advert and they went between places that are quite far from each other in a matter of moments
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2011, 09:53:53 PM
I've decided in a fit of home sickness to look up old shows set in the north that I've never watched before.

Gently Go Man- Ah, the good old British snore fest detective show. Just as lame with a few northern accents as it is with a bunch of southerners or pretend Swedes.

55 Degrees North- Now this....seems interesting. A bit faster and more of a proper cop show. Though the chase through the city kind of made me laugh, it was so overtly a bit of a tourist advert and they went between places that are quite far from each other in a matter of moments

Try Due North, that's a good cop show set in the north.

Eddie Teach

I used to watch Northern Exposure. Not a cop show, however.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2011, 11:37:04 PM

She was soooo fucking hot.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2011, 11:37:04 PM

She was soooo fucking hot.

Which one? The blonde married to the old guy or the brunette who had the hots for the doctor?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Used Cars. Dammit Seedy, you made me watch it again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

SoA : Holy mother fucking twist. I didn't see that one coming.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.