News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2011, 09:53:53 PM
I've decided in a fit of home sickness to look up old shows set in the north that I've never watched before.

Did you watch that trilogy of cop movies set in Yorkshire in the late 70s/early 80s (can't remember the name)?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Viking

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 07, 2011, 11:13:06 PM
I've decided in a fit of home sickness to look up old shows set in the north that I've never watched before.

Did you watch that trilogy of cop movies set in Yorkshire in the late 70s/early 80s (can't remember the name)?

Red Riding - learn to google...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Viking on December 07, 2011, 11:22:07 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 07, 2011, 11:13:06 PM

Red Riding - learn to google...

I watched all three of them, just thought it would be obvious enough to Jos that the actual name wasn't really necessary.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Josquius

Never heard of it no.
I tend not to be a big police drama fan and it seems they originally showed when I was away.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on December 08, 2011, 01:04:05 AM
Never heard of it no.
I tend not to be a big police drama fan and it seems they originally showed when I was away.

Red Riding is really really good.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

The Lincoln Lawyer
From IMDB:A sleazy defense attorney has a crisis of conscience when he represents a  wealthy client who has a foolproof plan to beat the system.

That's about as much as I can give without spoilers.  I really liked that movie.  I recommend it to everyone, except lawyers, of course.  They'll nitpick about everything going on in and out of court :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

yeah, i saw that. It's OK. Watchable.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Scipio

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 08, 2011, 01:10:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 07, 2011, 11:11:35 PM
Is Grimm any good?
Good at being crap.
It's like Buffy or Angel, without the clever writing and the surfeit of babes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on December 08, 2011, 11:16:36 AM
The Lincoln Lawyer
From IMDB:A sleazy defense attorney has a crisis of conscience when he represents a  wealthy client who has a foolproof plan to beat the system.

That's about as much as I can give without spoilers.  I really liked that movie.  I recommend it to everyone, except lawyers, of course.  They'll nitpick about everything going on in and out of court :P

I can't help myself.   :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 08, 2011, 01:10:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 07, 2011, 11:11:35 PM
Is Grimm any good?
Good at being crap.
Is it a supernatural rip off? i liked supernatural untill it started being all about angels.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on December 08, 2011, 01:26:20 PM
Is it a supernatural rip off? i liked supernatural untill it started being all about angels.

Nah, it's basically a cop show.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: viper37 on December 08, 2011, 11:16:36 AM
The Lincoln Lawyer

Yeah, I liked it too. Pretty good, not a great flic but it was interesting/fun enough to watch.

Capetan Mihali

Never heard of it no.

It's way more than a police procedural, and gives a really vivid portrayal of Yorkshire in the late 70s/early 80s.

Sheilbh

Never heard of it no.
Wonderful show.  Nothing like a normal police drama.  And it's got Sean Bean.

I'd make sure you're kind of in a good place before you watch because it can be draining.
Let's bomb Russia!