News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

I remember the show, both the live and cartoon parts, but not Elvira's guest appearance but then I did not follow it closely. Kind of crappy, even back then, without being epically so as the Super Mario Bros movie.  :P

Josquius

Parasite - yes. Good film. Though sort of loses the track towards the end and a few threads just sort of trail off. Like what happened to the friend who was meant to be going just a little while.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 14, 2020, 01:27:23 PM
I remember the show, both the live and cartoon parts, but not Elvira's guest appearance but then I did not follow it closely. Kind of crappy, even back then, without being epically so as the Super Mario Bros movie.  :P

I remember the show too. The live action parts were rather crappy, but the cartoon (kid memory talking here) was kinda cool.

Eddie Teach

Mad Dogs. American college buddies have a reunion in Belize. Murder ensues. Lots of fun.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Has anyone here watched The Boys? I binged it last week and finished the second season a couple of days ago, and I don't think I've read anything about it here.

I was hesitant at first as I had read the comics and found them a bit too much, too in your face, Garth Ennis style, but the show changes several things, IMO for the better.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on November 15, 2020, 07:55:17 AM
Has anyone here watched The Boys? I binged it last week and finished the second season a couple of days ago, and I don't think I've read anything about it here.

I was hesitant at first as I had read the comics and found them a bit too much, too in your face, Garth Ennis style, but the show changes several things, IMO for the better.
I liked it.
Second series was slightly weaker but the first was quite bingeable.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Watched Vice, Dick Cheney's "biopic". The movie really tries way too hard to be funny and quirky and I don't think it quite works. Some great work by the cast, nonetheless.

Tonitrus

I watched the first season.  Started on the second... got about two episodes and just got rapidly burned out by the show's overwhelming, in-your-face nihilism.  No plans on going back to it.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 15, 2020, 06:24:15 PM

I watched the first season.  Started on the second... got about two episodes and just got rapidly burned out by the show's overwhelming, in-your-face nihilism.  No plans on going back to it.

If you think that about the show do not even get close to the original comic books, now that was in-your-face nihilism.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 15, 2020, 07:07:56 PM
New season of the Crown :blush:

Oh goody.  Almost done with The Queen's Gambit so the timing is perfect.

I hope they do a real hatchet job on Di.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 15, 2020, 07:25:06 PM
:lol: Any reason why?

I didn't like her.  She was a social climbing ditz who didn't take the job seriously.

The Brain

Social climbing? Well I guess, but not exactly much higher.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2020, 07:26:51 PM
I didn't like her.  She was a social climbing ditz who didn't take the job seriously.
She was daugher of an Earl - standard sort of level for a traditional marrying into the royal family.

Interesting though. I've always read her as far more deliberate/clever than the rest of them - she knew how to use the media at a time when none of them did.
Let's bomb Russia!