News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

'The Wild Bunch - original director's cut' - not seen the 145 min version before, previously I must have viewed the release cut by 10 minutes. 

There are notable differences and I think it changes the pace of the film, some pluses, but I don't think it makes this version a better film.

William Holden, Ernest Borgnine and Robert Ryan give stand out performances.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Hipersomnia. Young woman auditions for a part in a play about forced prostitution, and gets it. But what is real and what is just a play? Not horrible, but not great.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Why does Netflix suggest Jennifer's Body as a 98% match for me? I'm angry and aroused.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

The Expendables. Entertaining and nostalgic with an appropriate amount of explositions.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 29, 2018, 09:21:01 AM
Why does Netflix suggest Jennifer's Body as a 98% match for me? I'm angry and aroused.

It knows you're into [spoiler]lesbian[/spoiler] scenes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2018, 07:13:10 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2018, 07:07:20 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 16, 2018, 05:27:37 PM
Netflix picks up season 4 of Lucifer.

Being on Netflix should give them more freedom, hopefully they break out a bit from the hackneyed procedural structure. Best parts of the show have always been everything else other than the murder cases.

Good news. Stumbled on that show by accident and found it very good.
But is s3 even on Netflix yet? 🤔

It has been an Amazon Prime show.

🤔 🤔 🤔
Saw 1+2 on netflix
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I can only speak for the UK. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

It's on HBO over here.  :P

Incidentally, I started watching season 3 and so far it does drop off.

crazy canuck

The Expanse finale - freaking awesome

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

No expanse spoilers, please (make a thread for that).  I haven't gotten there yet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

P2. Overzealous security guard decides to guard young woman over the holidays. Little story progression. Not essential viewing. The chick is hot.

Admiral Yi

Unrelated thoughts on Kingsman 2.

It's a silly franchise but holds your attention.  Perfect airplane movie I would think.

If they're going to do the cowboy thing, why they hell do you do it Kentucky?  Are English scriptwriters that clueless of geography?

Our hero giving the bimbo the monkey finger was about the most graphic sexual act I've seen in an R movie.  With super zoom camera.