News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

For a kid's movie from 1941, Dumbo is alright.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 14, 2018, 04:07:04 AM

Probably my favourite of the classics.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

celedhring

There's been a The Black Hole remake in development at Disney for years now, but it never seems to get anywhere. That I'd love to see.

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on June 14, 2018, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 14, 2018, 04:07:04 AM

Probably my favourite of the classics.

It's up there for me too, as much  as I hated the psychedelic parts.
The fact that trains have their own railways and they cannot travel in straight lines stuck with me for a long time.

Robin Hood is probably my absolute favourite of the old ones though. Which yes. Makes me weird.
I guess that it was so low on singing was a plus. And the song it did have ruled.

edit- oh wow, Checking up Robin Hood was just in in the 70s, I'd thought it older. If Robin Hood counts then so does The Rescuers thus I change my vote to that.
And yes. That makes me even weirder.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Netflix picks up season 4 of Lucifer.

Being on Netflix should give them more freedom, hopefully they break out a bit from the hackneyed procedural structure. Best parts of the show have always been everything else other than the murder cases.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on June 16, 2018, 05:27:37 PM

Being on Netflix should give them more freedom, hopefully they break out a bit from the hackneyed procedural structure. Best parts of the show have always been everything else other than the murder cases.
Yeah, that was my hope as well when I saw Netflix picked it up.  It certainly has a lot of potential and a great cast.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Habbaku

Can't recommend Hereditary, unfortunately. Despite being really good in the first 2/3rds of the film and not pulling any punches, combined with some legitimate surprises and high-quality acting...the last third basically ruins everything that came before.

6 utility poles out of 10.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

KRonn

Ah well, guess I won't be seeing anymore of that show. I haven't gotten Netflix yet, maybe at some point.

Admiral Yi

Bladerunner deux is on HBOGO, but it's so fucking slow I'm having trouble rewatching.

Josquius

Good news. Stumbled on that show by accident and found it very good.
But is s3 even on Netflix yet? 🤔
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2018, 07:07:20 AM

Good news. Stumbled on that show by accident and found it very good.
But is s3 even on Netflix yet? 🤔

It has been an Amazon Prime show.

🤔 🤔 🤔
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Weird, over here it's an HBO show.

Eddie Teach

Not enough skin for HBO.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Season 2 of Handmaid's Tale isn't nearly as solid as the first one, but damn is it gut-wrenching. Last episode was brutal as heck.

I just hope there's some light after all that much darkness, it's borderline masochistic.