News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Hostile: Beautifully shot.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Ha...Roseanne gets cancelled.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/media/roseanne-twitter-chelsea-clinton/index.html

QuoteIn one of the tweets, she wrote, "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

Barr was responding to a comment about Valerie Jarrett, a top former aide to President Obama. She replied to CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski and said it was "a joke."

QuoteShe then continued, "By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that? But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Don Jr. retweeted the anti-Soros rant.  His indictment can't come too soon IMO.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Pretty shrewd for a 15 year old.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Bill trying to rehab himself?

QuoteBill O'Reilly

@BillOReilly
Roseanne Barr's vicious personal attack on former Obama senior adviser Valerie Jarrett came out of nowhere and cost Ms. Barr and the entire staff of her program their jobs. @ABC/@Disney could not continue with the show without insulting millions of Americans.

7:54 PM - May 29, 2018
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteShe then continued, "By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that? But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?"

It is amazing how adamantly the nuts hold onto that story no matter what. Well I guess it is not amazing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Disney shares dropped 2.4% on shitty Solo box office.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 29, 2018, 07:08:09 PM

Nobody has made a good Star Wars movie since 1983. Disney might have bought high on it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2018, 07:15:46 PM

Nobody has made a good Star Wars movie since 1983. Disney might have bought high on it.

They released like 20 movies, book and comic tie ins,and merch  galore. Gotta have made they money back by now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 29, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

They released like 20 movies, book and comic tie ins,and merch  galore. Gotta have made they money back by now.

Not enough to produce good shareholder value, sadly. Maybe they should lay-off Seedy.

Eddie Teach

Dude, Rogue One was great.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

And both TFA and TLJ were varying degrees of good.  :hmm:

The worst that Disney can be accused of is taking the SW IP and making merely competent films.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien