And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 27, 2021, 12:40:54 AM
Ted Lasso Season 1. Really enjoyed it  :bowler:

The set piece in the last episode where the Richmond players used an American football play was a little too on the nose though  :lol:

That's why they deserved [spoiler]to get relegated[/spoiler].  :ph34r:

HVC

I like the running offside gag
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

E1 of Squid Games.  I'm pleasantly surprised.

We played a variation of the squid game (the one with lines in the dirt) at our missionary beach in Korea.

I've played that smack and flip game too.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on November 27, 2021, 07:17:35 AM
I like the running offside gag

There's plenty of good lines in that must baffle American audiences.

We have to get ready, we're playing Sheffield, Wednesday
No we play Sheffield on Saturday
I thought we play Sheffield, Wednesday
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Hawkeye is pretty interesting so far. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Y'all can probably already tell from the tone of voice, but the squidmaster is using very formal and deferential language.

Admiral Yi

Interestingly squid management speaks more brusquely to the squid underlings.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2021, 12:29:31 AM
Y'all can probably already tell from the tone of voice, but the squidmaster is using very formal and deferential language.

The Frontman?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 28, 2021, 08:56:20 PM
The Frontman?

Yeah, the dude who addresses the players.  Not cube face.  But so far all the staff interactions with players have been pretty polite.  Like the guy guarding the shitter.

Admiral Yi

Ah, cube face is Frontman.

Josquius

Live action Cowboy Bebop.
I'm two eps in. And despite the massive hate online it's actually pretty good. Yeah the acting is a bit wooden but it is slick and the fight scenes are well done. A bit much on people being brutally shot maybe?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2021, 05:08:07 AM
I'm two eps in. And despite the massive hate online it's actually pretty good. Yeah the acting is a bit wooden but it is slick and the fight scenes are well done. A bit much on people being brutally shot maybe?

The camera simply sees what's there.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2021, 05:08:07 AM
I've watched the first 5 episodes. It's definitely has a bit different interpretations of the characters, but it's good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Film poster crossovers. There's some pretty fun ones.

https://twitter.com/PeliDeTarde/status/1239892144392994817

As a Wes Anderson non-fan, I eagerly support their version of "Grand Hotel Budapest".