News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've been watching cobra kai.
It's one of those so bad it's good things. Guessing the clichés before they happen. Such an American teen show from the distant past.... Today.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Those are really good stats, Mery.

It didn't star that way of course. But at some point, it's already existing story you can only stray so far from what the original authors wrote.

Does the data exist for Star Trek Discovery? That's show is 100% original & had from the start 2 strong female lead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 26, 2020, 04:38:34 PM

It didn't star that way of course. But at some point, it's already existing story you can only stray so far from what the original authors wrote.

Does the data exist for Star Trek Discovery? That's show is 100% original & had from the start 2 strong female lead.

I pulled these stats myself. They weren't anywhere that I could find.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on September 26, 2020, 04:59:56 PM

Now, compare these stats with those you would pull from Star Trek: The Next Generation or the original Battlestar Galactica. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

The Gentlemen (2020)

It was okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

I don't understand what the issue is here. If you don't like it don't watch it? Nobody's is forcing you :unsure:

celedhring

Had lunch at my parents' place today and somehow we ended up binging Mission: Impossible 4-5-6  :lol:

These movies are so much fun.

Josquius

I've been rewatching the American office.

Man Kelly is evil.
Didn't really pick up on that first time.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Joaquin Phoenix has just had a baby boy with Rooney Mara, and he's going to be named River.  :cry:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2020, 05:42:37 PM
I've been rewatching the American office.

Man Kelly is evil.
Didn't really pick up on that first time.

She's just vapid and self-absorbed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Zoupa on September 27, 2020, 12:10:47 AM

I don't understand what the issue is here. If you don't like it don't watch it? Nobody's is forcing you :unsure:

I thought Meri made it pretty clear what the issue is. I disagree with her and think her being upset at the show is pretty silly, but she's made her reasons for being upset very clear.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Has anyone watched any of "Lovecraft Country"?  I started watching it and then it suddenly turns into the Dukes of Hazard and I thought that was stupid and turned it off.  Does it get better later on?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2020, 10:20:07 AM
Has anyone watched any of "Lovecraft Country"?  I started watching it and then it suddenly turns into the Dukes of Hazard and I thought that was stupid and turned it off.  Does it get better later on?

It gets really weird in later episodes. I love it, but I can uderstand people not liking it at all. The last episode could've been straight off Legion.

It's also certainly quite "in your face" regarding the racism/sexism themes, which I find provocative but again, may not be everybody's cup of tea. I just love weird, ambitious, and creatively aggressive shows even if they don't always succeed.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2020, 03:28:25 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 25, 2020, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2020, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2020, 11:33:42 AM
Funny, for my entire life the words "CBC comedy" equals, well, shit.  So never watched a moment of that show.

Now it's winning awards.  What a funny world we live in.
I think Kim's Convenience is CBC too. That's also a decent bit of light TV. Not going to make any best comedy ever lists but definitely better than most of the stuff out there.

Kids in the Hall. Also CBC

The one exception.

This Hour has 22 minutes and the Rick Mercer Report?

Or didn't you watch shows that were critical of Conservative politicians?

Also Little Mosque on the Prairie was great.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 28, 2020, 10:33:12 AM
This Hour has 22 minutes and the Rick Mercer Report?

Or didn't you watch shows that were critical of Conservative politicians?

Also Little Mosque on the Prairie was great.

This Hour / Rick Mercer are painfully unfunny.  Next you're going to be telling me about Air Farce. :rolleyes:

Never watched Little Mosque.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.