News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2020, 04:27:43 PM
I thought Lee was pretty good. Though not the big mustachioed texan of the book iirc?

On animals... Getting them to do stuff is a nightmare. But I don't see how having a dog or something just hanging out in the background would be that much of an issue.

On s2 I read they were finishing up filming of the final episode when corona shut things down. :(

Dogs can be trained to work in shoots (and it's still hard to work with trained dogs, but at least they don't spend the entire shoot running around chasing everybody like a normal dog would do), but snakes, ferrets, and the like?  :P  And drugging animals so they stand still it's a big no.

Mixing CGI and real animals would also clash a lot, visually (I guess you could get away with it in very wide shots). Imho, they went with the most reasonable option, all things considered.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on June 06, 2020, 05:09:18 PM
Dogs can be trained to work in shoots (and it's still hard to work with trained dogs, but at least they don't spend the entire shoot running around chasing everybody like a normal dog would do), but snakes, ferrets, and the like?  :P 
how about tigers and lions? :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on June 04, 2020, 01:52:31 PM
The Ninth Gate showed up on my Netflix. I haven't seen it in years, might watch it again. I liked the Call of Cthulhu vibes ("old books! yay!").

I watched it. Still awesome. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 06, 2020, 02:33:05 AM
The Wicker Man(1973). Surprising amount of musical numbers for a horror film. Britt Ekland had nice tits. No bees.

IIRC it wasn't Brit Ekland, but a body double. And I think Ekland at the time was heavily pregnant? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Bordertown, blonde hotties abound... :perv:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Quote from: The Brain on June 06, 2020, 06:55:36 PM
The Ninth Gate showed up on my Netflix. I haven't seen it in years, might watch it again. I liked the Call of Cthulhu vibes ("old books! yay!").

The book is a fun read, too.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

Late night/early morning viewing of Parasite.  Very impressive.  First Korean language movie I've enjoyed.

Josquius

Sorry we missed you- Follow up to I Daniel Blake, more Ken Loach depression in Newcastle. Not as good as Daniel, a bit too much of a mad splatter of "Just how many horrible things can we make happen to this guy" which ruins the believably.  But decent. Makes me wonder whether there couldn't be some kind of a pay 50p extra for delivery that doesn't treat the driver like shit option.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 07, 2020, 12:31:22 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 06, 2020, 06:55:36 PM

The book is a fun read, too.

I'm sure it is, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna [spoiler]buy three of them[/spoiler].

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 07, 2020, 09:08:10 AM
Sorry we missed you- Follow up to I Daniel Blake, more Ken Loach depression in Newcastle. Not as good as Daniel, a bit too much of a mad splatter of "Just how many horrible things can we make happen to this guy" which ruins the believably.  But decent. Makes me wonder whether there couldn't be some kind of a pay 50p extra for delivery that doesn't treat the driver like shit option.

On Deliveroo you can tip the driver.

Admiral Yi

The Crown is proving to be a much better re-watch than I would have expected.

Barrister

Bill and Ted 3 trailer is out.  It's a funny enough premise, fun to see the characters again after so many years.  Might be great, might be terrible.

Still says it's coming out in the summer.  I wonder if they're going to go direct to streaming like that Trolls movie - it's the right kind of movie to do it, since it relies heavily on past familiarity.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Valmont. Again, though it's been many years. Still good. There's too little roguish Colin Firth in most Colin Firth movies I think. Annette Bening was so fucking hot, and Fairuza Balk is super cute here and would grow into hotness in the 90s (American History X hubba hubba).

Josquius

I watched all of space force.
I don't get the bad press. It's pretty good.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2020, 07:26:24 AM
Late night/early morning viewing of Parasite.  Very impressive.  First Korean language movie I've enjoyed.

Have you seen Oldboy?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?