And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on June 02, 2020, 02:38:54 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 02, 2020, 02:23:52 AM
Finally caught up on the second season of Titans, the first was a guilty pleasure of mine. It's one of those shows that manages to be great and terrible at the same time.

I enjoyed the first a lot. But just completely fail to get into the second.
Their idea to end on a cliff hanger failed.

It gets better later into the season, but the first episodes are a bit of a drag yeah.

Berkut

Slogging through Season 4 of Community is a bit of a chore. Could it be possible to care any less about a story arc than I care about Chang at this point?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Larch

Quote from: Berkut on June 03, 2020, 04:37:25 PM
Slogging through Season 4 of Community is a bit of a chore. Could it be possible to care any less about a story arc than I care about Chang at this point?

Season 4 is the one without Harmon, right? It's easily the worst Community season. It gets better in the 5th, with Harmon back.

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on June 03, 2020, 04:37:25 PM

There's a couple of episodes toward the end that are good, but the rest suck.  If it gets too hard skip it and go to 5.

Eddie Teach

The worst Community season is the one made for Yahoo.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

The Ninth Gate showed up on my Netflix. I haven't seen it in years, might watch it again. I liked the Call of Cthulhu vibes ("old books! yay!").
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on June 04, 2020, 01:52:31 PM
The Ninth Gate showed up on my Netflix. I haven't seen it in years, might watch it again. I liked the Call of Cthulhu vibes ("old books! yay!").

I love that movie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

I've decided to finish off the pandemic Netflix megabinge with some superhero shows I had pending.

Black Lightning... is pretty good.

crazy canuck

Finished Spaceforce, I ended up really enjoying it.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on June 05, 2020, 08:10:23 AM
I've decided to finish off the pandemic Netflix megabinge with some superhero shows I had pending.

Black Lightning... is pretty good.
I really enjoyed the first season. I've been meaning to catch up on it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

The Wicker Man(1973). Surprising amount of musical numbers for a horror film. Britt Ekland had nice tits. No bees.

Josquius

Series 1 of His Dark materials - its pretty good. Though I'm sad at how frequently you get scenes with nary a daemon in sight. They seem to forget that part when convenient. I guess the scene with snakey guy saying we don't always have our daemons in show was to cover for this budget restriction. Not that it should have been much of a budget issue to have a few household animals knocking about.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Ready or Not. Pretty good, the end was kind of silly though.

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2020, 03:50:53 PM
Series 1 of His Dark materials - its pretty good. Though I'm sad at how frequently you get scenes with nary a daemon in sight. They seem to forget that part when convenient. I guess the scene with snakey guy saying we don't always have our daemons in show was to cover for this budget restriction. Not that it should have been much of a budget issue to have a few household animals knocking about.

Shooting with real animals is a nightmare.

I enjoyed the show. The adaptation feels a bit by the numbers at times, and it hits a few false notes (Lin Manuel Miranda is horribly miscast and although I understand why they did it I don't quite agree with [spoiler]their choice to show the parallel "real" world ahead of when it's done in the books[/spoiler]). But Ruth Wilson is really fantastic as Ms. Coulter, and it's a reasonably faithful adaptation of the books - and the books are way too good to produce an uninteresting show if you do that. All in all, can't wait for season 2.

Josquius

I thought Lee was pretty good. Though not the big mustachioed texan of the book iirc?

On animals... Getting them to do stuff is a nightmare. But I don't see how having a dog or something just hanging out in the background would be that much of an issue.

On s2 I read they were finishing up filming of the final episode when corona shut things down. :(
██████
██████
██████