News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I've always complained about TNG feeling like corporate sensitivity training vidoes.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 24, 2017, 07:46:50 PM
I've always complained about TNG feeling like corporate sensitivity training vidoes.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Just a few minutes in, and they already got the Prime Directive wrong.  :sleep:

Barrister

It was...okay.   Definitely some serialized television, which is a good thing.  Not sure why they needed to re-imagine the Klingons yet again, but I'll give them some rope.  Some very nice production values, which is also nice.

All I can say is I am eager to see what happens next, which is about all you can say for a TV show.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Walking Dead (Fear The)

The thing I hate the most in this franchise is the inconsistencies.

So horde of zombies attacking fortified town.

1. Why not take one of those RVs and make a lot of noise in another direction

OR

2. After you kill the first two why not cover yourself in zombie blood and guts, and zombies will go away.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

I had completely failed to remember that the new star trek was coming so soon. I can't wait to get home.

I watched first episode of The Orville the other day. I liked it. I don't see it continuing beyond a single series, like every American attempt at a Sci fi comedy. Especially considering how flashy it looks. But it's nice.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Ah apparently it is on Netflix! First 2 episodes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2017, 11:27:19 AM
I had completely failed to remember that the new star trek was coming so soon. I can't wait to get home.

I watched first episode of The Orville the other day. I liked it. I don't see it continuing beyond a single series, like every American attempt at a Sci fi comedy. Especially considering how flashy it looks. But it's nice.

What American attempts at a sci fi comedy TV show are you thinking of?  None come to mind.

Movies yes, some brilliant, some lame, but no TV shows.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2017, 11:47:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2017, 11:27:19 AM

What American attempts at a sci fi comedy TV show are you thinking of?  None come to mind.

Movies yes, some brilliant, some lame, but no TV shows.

There was this but it was given 2 undeserved seasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neighbors_(2012_TV_series)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Mork & Mindy, Alf, Small Wonder, Get Smart...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 25, 2017, 11:55:29 AM

So all shows with many seasons?

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Had a lot of emphasis on tech, anyway.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2017, 11:55:52 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 25, 2017, 11:55:29 AM

So all shows with many seasons?

Yeah. I've no idea what Tyr was thinking of either.

celedhring

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 24, 2017, 10:37:22 PM
Just a few minutes in, and they already got the Prime Directive wrong.  :sleep:

How so?  :nerd:

Seemed fine to my limited knowledge.