CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 25, 2017, 08:15:07 PM
American Greed - Art Schlichter.

Seedy's favorite Ohio State QB.

Ed Anger

HEY NOW, BITE ON MY TROLL POST
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I counter-trolled.  Don't bring a red sweater vest to a gunfight and shank the punt, Tupa.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2017, 01:59:29 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on July 24, 2017, 01:17:19 PM
I had also attended a lecture a few weeks ago at the Funk Museum

I went to the Funkmonk Museum once.  A shitload of spreadsheets on papyrus.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Dunkirk. The visuals are stunning, acting is fine I suppose.

The out-of-gas Spitfire gliding back and forth along the beach and then downing a German plane was a bit much.
As was the navel-gazing self-congratulating Britishness which I guess was only to be expected.

Admiral Yi

Think I'll catch a matinee of Dunkirk today, as the rain is keeping me off the links.

Don't spoil the ending for me!

citizen k

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2017, 02:06:06 PM
Don't spoil the ending for me!

Harry Styles kills Hitler in a dramatic action sequence on the beach.

citizen k

This season of The Strain is a fun romp through a vampire nazi dystopia. Part Handmaid's Tale, part Schindler's List.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: citizen k on July 26, 2017, 03:27:38 PM
This season of The Strain is a fun romp through a vampire nazi dystopia. Part Handmaid's Tale, part Schindler's List.

I just started watching that this week.  Season 1, Episode 1.  Fucking vampires.

Admiral Yi

What Maladict said about Dunkirk for the most part.  The out of fuel Spitfire was really silly.

There's really no story.  There's an evacuation and bits of sentimentality that work to varying degrees.

I had a hard time keeping track of all the white guys with their boy band haircuts.

Savonarola

I saw Dunkirk :bowler: as well; it's not really a movie it's more like a roller coaster ride.

[spoiler]You knew young George was going to bite it the moment he started talking about his personal life.  If you ever find yourself in a war picture never talk about your personal life.[/spoiler]
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991)

Hahahaha. It's been a while since I've seen a movie like this, still a lot of fun even if most of it is horrible.

4 kicks 30 cm away from that guy's face but he still falls over out of 5
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on July 27, 2017, 09:04:51 AM
Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991)

Hahahaha. It's been a while since I've seen a movie like this, still a lot of fun even if most of it is horrible.

4 kicks 30 cm away from that guy's face but he still falls over out of 5

Dolph Lundgren + Hiroyuki Cary-Tagawa = so bad it's good.
Yet the movie does not take itself very seriously, same director as Commando, and has some interesting insights on issues such as multiculturalism and assimilation. :)
Not the finest hour of Brandon Lee, and Tia Carrere shows up for er... a great line. ;)

AFAIK, even Dolph Lundgren recognised in an interview about this movie he should have read the script (in its entirety?) before signing for a movie.  :D
He wears as a matter of fact one of the most ridiculous outfits of his movie career.

PS: as per '80s Actions rules, there is some mandatory [spoiler]homoeroticism.[/spoiler]

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 27, 2017, 09:31:40 AM
PS: as per '80s Actions rules, there is some mandatory [spoiler]homoeroticism.[/spoiler]

W.T.F.

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2017, 10:40:56 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 27, 2017, 09:31:40 AM

W.T.F.

The onsen scene is pretty damning evidence.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk