News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Mascots, the latest Christopher Guest silliness on Netflix.  I think the last line might be the best.

[spoiler]Strictly speaking I took a vow of silence, but you know, fuck.[/spoiler]

Not as good as his best, particularly as it feels a bit derivative of Best in Show, but worth a watch if you like his stuff.

Martinus

Really enjoying the Young Pope. It is turning out well. :pope:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 08, 2016, 03:05:57 PM

Is that about Innocent III?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 08, 2016, 03:05:57 PM

#NotSureIfSerious #GayEyeCandy

Martinus

Loving Westworld. It's so... gnostic.

Admiral Yi

Watched a good chunk of "Labyrinth of Lies," a German movie about prosecuting Auschwitz guards in the 50s.  Starts out kind of cool--period clothes, period architecture (shot in Ostistan?), pretty girls--but midway through the silliness starts to take over. "OMG my father was a Nazi." "OMG yours too?"  "OMG I hate everyone."

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

Raoul Coutard directed some movies too. Best one was about the intervention of the FFL in Kolwezi in then Zaire.

RIP

On Cable TV now, Bloodsport, with the great Jean-Claude Van Damme. So '80s cheese with lots of slow-motion.  :wub:

Points for mispelling Kumite as "Comité" in the subtitles/movie presentation. More French this way I know.  :D

PS: great double bill followed by Cyborg, once more with Van Damme, once more by Cannon. :)

Ed Anger

Hoosiers. Whitey beats the negro. A+++++
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Hacksaw Ridge, best superhero movie of the year.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown is a fun show.
They did Deal or no Deal also as a one off it seems.
I really don't get this game show. Its just guessing boxes?....
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

I have been watching Band of Brothers this weekend.  That remains a great series no matter how many times one watches it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 12, 2016, 07:49:10 PM
I have been watching Band of Brothers this weekend.  That remains a great series no matter how many times one watches it.

Did you get the Bluray? How's the map animation featurettes?(not sure what's it called, can't access it, it makes my bluray player crash).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2016, 10:07:12 PM

Did you get the Bluray? How's the map animation featurettes?(not sure what's it called, can't access it, it makes my bluray player crash).

I'll check it out to see if happens.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Fun game: spot the minor/background actors that went on to greater things. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.