News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That whore katmai is probably going to be on the crew.  As Rusty the Bailiff.

11B4V

Commonsense what???????  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Bosch; Well done

On to Happy Valley s2.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Finished Daredevil s2. It veers off a bit towards the end, the Elektra and Punisher storylines just seem to belong to completely different shows. But I binge watched the thing with a big smile on my face, particularly when [spoiler]Wilson Fisk showed up again[/spoiler]. At last we have a good Punisher on the screen.

The entire Punisher storyline felt like a backdoor season 1 of his own series, especially since [spoiler]Daredevil isn't involved much in his story after he apprehends Castle in episode 4, which felt a bit strange[/spoiler]. I really hope he gets a series, since they really didn't pull punches with him (within the limits of commercial TV), [spoiler]no bullshit redemption at the end in particular[/spoiler].

Grey Fox

Watched 3 movies in 3 nights. That's very surprising.

Bridge of Spies : good cold war movie. Tom Hanks is still awesome at eveything.
The men from U.N.C.L.E : It's a 1960's era spy movie or What if Austin Powers were serious movies.
Interstellar : WTF Matt Damon?! Also the end is stupid.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Reviews are in for Batman v Superman.

It doesn't look good for comic book fans.
Or movie fans.
Or comic book movie fans.

I enjoyed this guy's review, at least. Spoilers, of course: https://youtu.be/OTKDtoBR-2M  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Well, the IMDB voters have given it an 8.6 so far. But then, they may not have actually seen it yet. (15k votes in though)  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2016, 03:54:52 PM
Well, the IMDB voters have given it an 8.6 so far. But then, they may not have actually seen it yet. (15k votes in though)  :hmm:

It was on 9 before the premiere with 10k votes. But then again Inception has a score of 8.9 so who knows?

Eddie Teach

Inception is a great movie.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 23, 2016, 04:21:04 PM
Immaculate?

As the guy in Some Like it Hot might have said, no movie's perfect.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2016, 09:17:49 PM
That whore katmai is probably going to be on the crew.  As Rusty the Bailiff.
I can dig it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son