News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Winding down on last season of The Wire.  Looking for recommendations for other stuff on HBO GO.

Already tried rewatching Band of Brothers, didn't do that much for me.  First couple episodes of Generation Kill didn't work either.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2016, 04:49:05 PM
So I've nothing against casting women for the Ghostbusters (and in fact love those four actresses) but that trailer had me like okay so this movie seems dull?
yeah just caught it as well and underwhelming summed it up best.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 05:10:47 PM
Winding down on last season of The Wire.  Looking for recommendations for other stuff on HBO GO.

Already tried rewatching Band of Brothers, didn't do that much for me.  First couple episodes of Generation Kill didn't work either.
Treme, Oz, Carnivale, Deadwood?

Habbaku

No comment on Treme and Carnivale, but Oz has not aged well.  Deadwood is still great.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on March 03, 2016, 05:15:38 PM
Treme, Oz, Carnivale, Deadwood?

Meh, meh, what's it about, meh.

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on March 03, 2016, 05:20:35 PM
No comment on Treme and Carnivale, but Oz has not aged well.  Deadwood is still great.
I was just throwing shows on the wall similar to Wire as don't think Bored to Death, Big Love, True Blood and some others would be to Yi's liking at all.

Eddie Teach

Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood. Carnivale if you're ok with weirdness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 03, 2016, 05:28:57 PM
Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood. Carnivale if you're ok with weirdness.

Already watched GoT, gave up on Empire in real time after 2ish seasons.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 05:31:31 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 03, 2016, 05:28:57 PM

Already watched GoT, gave up on Empire in real time after 2ish seasons.

Do you have access to showtime anytime? could check out showtime series since you are done with HBO ones it seems :P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on March 03, 2016, 05:35:09 PM
Do you have access to showtime anytime? could check out showtime series since you are done with HBO ones it seems :P

Is it free for cable subscribers of Showtime like HBO GO is?

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 03, 2016, 05:35:09 PM

Is it free for cable subscribers of Showtime like HBO GO is?
Yes sir.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on March 03, 2016, 05:20:35 PM

Deadwood is fantastic, yeah.  I liked Newsroom, in a dirty West Wing kinda way.  And I would fuck the freckles off Olivia Munn.

Guilty pleasure:  Eastbound and Down.  Fuck is that shit funny.

Did Yi see the first True Detective

katmai

I figured Newsroom be too liberal for Yip :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 03, 2016, 03:44:49 AM
Caught the tail end of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.  It still holds up well in my opinion.  I always enjoy it at the very least. :lol:

I agree.

I saw the stage performance in Melbourne with Geoffrey Rush.  It was also very good.