And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 27, 2015, 11:54:16 AM
I meant, besides the obvious stuff.

I think what is meant is that you practice remembering lines that is not in your colloquial "tongue".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on June 27, 2015, 11:55:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2015, 11:53:06 AM
On the day a boy is admitted to theatre school, he is given a puppy to take care of. At the end of the first year, the boy is made to strangle the puppy. Should he fail to do so, he is vanquished to the realm of daytime TV. During training boys are culled in this manner whenever they fail a task, be it quoting a specific line of Hamlet, creating tears on demand or being the centre piece ('the receptacle') of their dorm's masturbation fests. To win their certification of Shakespearian training they must take a silver penny, go to the east end and buy a young boy from its gin-addled mother. With this boy they must then perform a two man show of a given Shakespeare play ('Romeo and Juliet' is a popular choice) to the satisfaction of the Queen.

I read this post before I saw Yi's question and thought that you had finally gone completely mental.

:zipped:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2015, 12:16:39 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 27, 2015, 11:55:36 AM
On the day a boy is admitted to theatre school, he is given a puppy to take care of. At the end of the first year, the boy is made to strangle the puppy. Should he fail to do so, he is vanquished to the realm of daytime TV. During training boys are culled in this manner whenever they fail a task, be it quoting a specific line of Hamlet, creating tears on demand or being the centre piece ('the receptacle') of their dorm's masturbation fests. To win their certification of Shakespearian training they must take a silver penny, go to the east end and buy a young boy from its gin-addled mother. With this boy they must then perform a two man show of a given Shakespeare play ('Romeo and Juliet' is a popular choice) to the satisfaction of the Queen.

I read this post before I saw Yi's question and thought that you had finally gone completely mental.

:zipped:

I didn't say anything about revising my stance after reading Yi's post. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Anyone been watching Sense8? I'm currently addicted / didn't think I'd like anything by the Wachowskis again. Apparently a double team with B5 creator.

Martinus

So started watching True Detective 2 (didnt watch the first season). So far liking the Coenian/Lynchian vibe.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2015, 01:42:47 PM
Anyone been watching Sense8? I'm currently addicted / didn't think I'd like anything by the Wachowskis again. Apparently a double team with B5 creator.
A friend of mine/co-worker was mentioning it as his friend is in cast in starring role, but been playing catchup with episodes of shows from last two months that was too busy making TV to watch TV
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

I'm glad that hot German guy has a lot of nude scenes (with full on peen!). He was in a rather dreadful gay film which was only okay as he was hot there too. :D :blush:

The Brain

:yes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

When I studied film in Barcelona they told me that the acting students were forced to live homeless for a day, and they couldn't graduate unless they were convincing enough beggars so people gave them a set amount of money.

I'm totally not making this up.

Ideologue

So they went out on the street, and came back with the thirty pesetas or whatever that they withdrew from the bank that morning? :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

They were supervised, allegedly. Plus beggar money is always all coins, ATMs give out bank notes.

Syt

Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere. That was ... actually pretty damn good. Status quo gets further upset from the first season. End of Season 1 saw the, uhm, permanent removal of some recurring cartoon villains, and that's finalized in this episode. The Empire begins its crackdown on the resistance on Lothal. It's like the creators said, "Ok, we did some silly stuff to set up the stage and the characters, now let's get serious." Though I expect there'll be more lighthearted episodes throughout the run. Also: Vader, voiced by James Earl Jones. :wub:

It appears Vader might be a recurring character, not a member of the permanent cast, which is fine - gives the episoded with him more OOMPH. Instead, a new inquisitor will be dispatched to deal with the Rebels and the fugitive force users. Should be interesting to see who that is - e.g. Darth Maul was not dead at the end of Clone Wars IIRC and recruited by Palpatine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on June 28, 2015, 02:21:25 AM
They were supervised, allegedly. Plus beggar money is always all coins, ATMs give out bank notes.

All day supervision seems like a waste of resources. Also not very hard to get change after getting ATM notes. ;)

On the other hand, I did do this several hours for a class.

Martinus

That sounds dumb - probably after a while most locals do not give any money to beggars, thinking they are all asshole acting class kids. Which probably makes real beggars hate them.