News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I've never faulted him for his acting, just for his douchebag attitude off camera when he was in early 20's.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2011, 12:02:45 AM
I've never faulted him for his acting, just for his douchebag attitude off camera when he was in early 20's.

:thumbsup:

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2011, 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 02, 2011, 05:01:53 PM
Ever since Blood Diamond and The Departed, he's one of my favourite actors.  :hmm:

He has always been a gifted actor, hated mostly for his mountains of teeny boppers fans.

He was dead on as the retarded kid in Gilbert Grape and very good in The Basketball Diaries.  I can't think of a single movie he was weak in.

When I first saw him as the retarded kid, I thought he was really retarded. He was that good.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Slargos

Quote from: Josephus on April 03, 2011, 07:35:31 AM
Ever since Blood Diamond and The Departed, he's one of my favourite actors.  :hmm:

He has always been a gifted actor, hated mostly for his mountains of teeny boppers fans.

He was dead on as the retarded kid in Gilbert Grape and very good in The Basketball Diaries.  I can't think of a single movie he was weak in.

When I first saw him as the retarded kid, I thought he was really retarded. He was that good.

My dislike of him was never about his acting, but rather about the highly annoying roles he found himself in. With Blood Diamond he was reinvented for me, and my approval rating increased significantly.

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on April 03, 2011, 07:35:31 AM

He probably watched a lot of retarded people. Spent time with them. Observed them. Watched all the retarded stuff they did.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Norgy

Josquius

Agreed.
Loads of people hated him with films like Titanic (inc. me. A situation not helped by a crazy, ugly, probally blind semi-stalker who seemed to have the idea I resembled him) but since then he has been in some pretty great films and I actually rather like him now.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

"Angel and the Badman" with John Wayne and Gail Russell.

Always thought Gail Russell was unbelievably adorable in this film...and such a shame that Hollywood/alcoholism chewed her up and spit her out.

Josquius

3/4 of Hot Tub Time Machine before the sound went off- very formulaic but pretty funny
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2011, 12:02:45 AM

We all had douchebag attitudes off camera in our early 20s.

Admiral Yi

Watched most of Lost Boys late last night on G4.

Note to Marty: your homosexual younger brother looked to me like he was 10 or 11.  :huh:

Admiral Yi

After that a bit of Spinal Tap.  Man that movie really holds up well.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 02, 2011, 04:33:21 PM
Camelot starts on Starz tonight.  I wish they'd do a Spartacus thing and have it available on Netflix on demand, but it doesn't look like it's set up for that.  We'll see.  Either way, Claire Forlani and Eva Green are nice eye candy.

The wife was watching that. I walked in and saw Eva Green's boobies. Whoa, what are you watching??  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers