News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of Quantum of Solace that I had not seen before (of which there are many).

What idjit thought it would be a great idea to make the CIA one of the bad guys?   Did someone think the natural market for Bond movies is left conspiracy theory weenies?  :wacko:

Tonitrus

House of Cards, Season 2...

[spoiler]Episode 1 had that nice WTF moment for the Season opener...and episode 11?  I'll just call it the "everyone is gay" episode.  :lol:[/spoiler]

Queequeg

YO
IDE
HANNIBAL REVIEW
FUCK!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2014, 05:27:10 PM
Watched a bit of Quantum of Solace that I had not seen before (of which there are many).

What idjit thought it would be a great idea to make the CIA one of the bad guys?   Did someone think the natural market for Bond movies is left conspiracy theory weenies?  :wacko:

It killed it at the BO, so I guess there must be enough of them.

The film's plot barely makes sense anyway, although there's some enjoyable action scenes and locales.

garbon

You're going to make Ide angry with that sort of talk about that piece of shit movie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on February 22, 2014, 06:08:10 PM
YO
IDE
HANNIBAL REVIEW
FUCK!

Hey QQ, I forwarded that piece on True Detective you posted a little while back on the "King in Yellow" (which, and I didn't know until I read it myself, was written by a Baltimore author I've met before, no less);  totally blew her mind, and she's rewatching all the episodes right now looking for as many references as she can find.  ;)

Admiral Yi

Watched an excellent US Shameless episode.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2014, 06:29:35 PM

Hey QQ, I forwarded that piece on True Detective you posted a little while back on the "King in Yellow" (which, and I didn't know until I read it myself, was written by a Baltimore author I've met before, no less);  totally blew her mind, and she's rewatching all the episodes right now looking for as many references as she can find.  ;)

The author didn't recognize her own references?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 23, 2014, 01:06:52 AM
Watched an excellent US Shameless episode.

I'm a fan though at this point, I could stand to have them phase out Sheila.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

Admiral Yi

Hmmm.  Maybe.  She does provide sort of a counterpoint to the Gallaghers.

Josquius

I'm not sure where they're going with Sheila. They went in a totally different direction to the original where they had Frank move in with her long term and have kids.
I guess they find it useful to have someone to dump the kids with when they want to have Kevin and Veronica having adventures at the same time as Fiona?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Making my way slowly through TNG. Finally left the slog of S.1&2 behind.

I just watched Ep. 3x03, "The Survivors".

It's a somewhat decent mystery bit that is almost undone by a silly line from Picard.

In the end the mysterious old man says:
"No, no, no, no, you don't understand the scope of my crime. I didn't kill just one Husnock, or a hundred, or a thousand. I killed them all. All Husnock, everywhere. Are eleven thousand people worth fifty billion? Is the love of a woman worth the destruction of an entire species?"

To which Picard replies: "We are not qualified to be your judges."

And that would be fine. I can see why you wouldn't want to prosecute a being (conscientious as the being may be) that can wink a whole civilization out of existence with a thought.

However, for some stupid reason the writers decided to add: "We have no law to fit your crime."

Wait, what? The Federation has no law against genocide or mass murder? That seems like a bit of a loophole there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

It is a victimless crime. Now.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.