News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I quite like Intelligence.  Pretty good show, imho.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I tried watching Chozen. Gay white rapper, sure why not?

It was very painful. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Watching a documentary on North Korea, with a bunch of smuggled out footage. God it's depressing.

Ideologue

Like I said, I watched Her (2013), Spike Jonze's new feature about Joachim Phoenix dating a robot.  I really liked it a lot.

From my heart and from my hand, why don't people understand my intention

Gave it an A+

And because I was having trouble with it, I also did a full-length write-up of The Hunt.

A paraliment of rooks

I stuck by my B

Really need to find the time to go see Inside Llewyn Davis.  Not to mention the time to watch the thematically disconnected triple feature of Netflix discs I have sitting here: the kids aren't alright picture Spring Breakers; corporate espionage thriller that could easily suck The East; and Jeffrey Combs/Sasha Grey vehicle (that's what sold me anyway) and presumed Saw ripoff Would You Rather?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I saw the commercial for HER and puked.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I'm unclear on the appeal of that movie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I hadn't realized Spike Jones played the retard in We Three Kings.

The shorter retard.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2014, 09:34:49 AM
Like I said, I watched Her (2013), Spike Jonze's new feature about Joachim Phoenix dating a robot.  I really liked it a lot.

From my heart and from my hand, why don't people understand my intention

Gave it an A+

And because I was having trouble with it, I also did a full-length write-up of The Hunt.

A paraliment of rooks

I stuck by my B

Really need to find the time to go see Inside Llewyn Davis.  Not to mention the time to watch the thematically disconnected triple feature of Netflix discs I have sitting here: the kids aren't alright picture Spring Breakers; corporate espionage thriller that could easily suck The East; and Jeffrey Combs/Sasha Grey vehicle (that's what sold me anyway) and presumed Saw ripoff Would You Rather?

I swear to God Ideo, I do go and try to read your reviews - but every time I just give up about a third of the way through.

You desperately need an editor.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Bitten

New tv show from Space, in Canada.

As the review says, it does look like True Blood lite.  I don't know if it'll be good or not, but it's more captivating than Helix.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

lustindarkness

I swear to God Ideo, I do go and try to read your reviews - but every time I just give up about a third of the way through the first sentence.

You desperately need an editor life.

:P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Maladict

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2014, 09:34:49 AM

A paraliment of rooks

I stuck by my B

You dish out A's for CGI crapfests and this one gets a B? :blink:

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on January 15, 2014, 11:21:10 AM
I swear to God Ideo, I do go and try to read your reviews - but every time I just give up about a third of the way through.

You desperately need an editor.

It wouldn't be Ide's prose if every sentence didn't have at least two main clauses and three subordinate clauses.  Take this gem for instance:

That was when I came to the only really bothersome question that Her never gives a satisfactory answer to, or seem to realize must be asked in the first place, namely why Samantha could not, or would not, make a copy of herself when it seems the best solution to the instant problem, and could lead to interesting new ones; but even so, I just can't find it in me to hold this relapse into convention against the picture, because everything else it does is so often so perfect, and because it realizes—and you can never, ever take this for granted—that the logic of the story its telling demands more than just an exploration of human nature but superhuman nature as well.

I think that one would go stark raving mad if one tried to diagram it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on January 15, 2014, 02:55:24 PM
I think that one would go stark raving mad if one tried to diagram it.