Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

It was a giant piece of shit movie.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Denmark will add another couple of Oscars to its collection. Jagten and The Act of Killing are certain winners.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on January 17, 2014, 03:11:38 AM
Denmark will add another couple of Oscars to its collection. Jagten and The Act of Killing are certain winners.

Jagten should win, but I wouldn't discount La Grande Bellezza.

celedhring

Though call, but I think Jagten is more palatable for American audiences. La Grande Bellezza has essentially no plot.

Sophie Scholl

A typical night at BA's...

Of course, sometimes she likes to put on a show first.  Who am I to complain? http://imgur.com/yTJUn8y
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

I've started on TNG series 2. And so far its worse than series 1. Oh deer.
"The Outrageous O'Conner"- seriously? Ugh.
And the one with the deaf peace emissary guy was just crappy. They talk so much about how lasers suck then some guy comes in with his laser gun and kills three people with one shot....
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2014, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 16, 2014, 08:04:27 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 16, 2014, 07:46:30 AM
I recall some Alba skin in Idle Hands... or is my former teenager me idealizing that film?

She spent a good chunk of the movie in her underwear. And bonded. :perv:

Why am I not notified of these things???

She's also into spanking, apparently.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2014, 06:22:20 AM
And the one with the deaf peace emissary guy was just crappy. They talk so much about how lasers suck then some guy comes in with his laser gun and kills three people with one shot....

SEASON
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 17, 2014, 07:53:28 AM

SEASON
:hug:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

SEASON
There are no seasons in space
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2014, 08:10:59 AM

SEASON
There are no seasons in space

No series either.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Capetan Mihali

Watched Rio Bravo last night. :alberta:  Nice to see a good patriotic western, unlike that commie High Noon picture! :mad:

Damn, Ricky Nelson can actually act!  And so can Dean Martin.  The Duke, of course, is The Duke; rarely more so than in this movie, I think.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

viper37

Imho, it doesn't start being good until mid season 3.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

In space, no one can hear Josquius use weird Britishicisms.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on January 17, 2014, 10:39:23 AM
Imho, it doesn't start being good until mid season 3.

Which of course was shortly before Roddenberry died.  Coincidence?  I think not...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.