News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 05:59:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on Today at 05:51:20 PMYou did say Nazis support Israel.  You back tracked and meant not real Nazis, just people you disagree with.

I can't even remember this discussion. It's simply bizare and pathetic you decide to dredge it up out of nowhere for no reason.

The modern far right, coloquially known as nazis, broadly supports Israel. This is true.
Bizare thing to try and fling insults about.
Very interesting to see your conversion continue as you pickup the typical fascist mating call of out nowhere declaring "you just call people you disagree with a nazi!"

If your definition of Nazi includes people who support Israel, then you definition is fundamentally flawed.  It is unfortunately quite wide spread in the Pro-Pal circles.  The people who want to eradicate the Jews (and are often fans of Hitler) are the heroic anti-fascists while the Jews themselves are Nazis.  It's a whole topsy-turvy movement there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on Today at 06:13:03 PMIf your definition of Nazi includes people who support Israel, then you definition is fundamentally flawed.  It is unfortunately quite wide spread in the Pro-Pal circles.  The people who want to eradicate the Jews (and are often fans of Hitler) are the heroic anti-fascists while the Jews themselves are Nazis.  It's a whole topsy-turvy movement there.

As an aside, Raz, there is a difference between "xerox" and "Xerox," "kleenex' and "Kleenex" and "nazi" and "Nazi."  Proper nouns are not the same as common nouns.  Maybe you were absent from school the day they taught that?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Seriously?  Words have meanings.  You can bend them a little, but "nazis support Israel" is a way too far.  I brought it back up because Josq said something about the stupidest thing possible, and that was the stupidest thing I could think of at the moment.  Josq has been redefining words in this thread to suit his needs in this thread, don't join with him on that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Just add neo and everyone is happy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on Today at 08:49:40 PMSeriously?  Words have meanings.  You can bend them a little, but "nazis support Israel" is a way too far.  I brought it back up because Josq said something about the stupidest thing possible, and that was the stupidest thing I could think of at the moment.  Josq has been redefining words in this thread to suit his needs in this thread, don't join with him on that.

Yes, word have meanings, and proper nouns have different meanings than common nouns.  I hate the commonization of "nazi" but am smart enough to recognize that it is a fait accompli.  You may continue to shout at clouds at your leisure.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!