And we're back!

Main Menu

War in the East

Started by Berkut, March 06, 2011, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2011, 08:10:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2011, 05:45:17 PM
Does this game attempt to model Hitler's retard directives?

You're invading Russia aren't you?  What other retard directives do you want?

That pretty much somes it up there.  :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2011, 05:45:17 PM
Does this game attempt to model Hitler's retard directives?

Nope, and not Stalin's retard counteroffensives either.

Pedrito

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2011, 08:52:23 PM
:)

The Italians have arrived, however partisans are luring Italian troops away from their positions with boxes of pasta and the occasional whore. Also, the honey trap of middle aged women acting like their mothers are causing Italian troops to lounge around in the house they are quartered in and not go out and fight.

:yeah: 

Reading this thread makes me want this game, but I never played something like this: is it difficult/complicated to play? should I start from some less complex war game? some suggestions, please?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on December 05, 2011, 03:42:54 AM

The Italians have arrived, however partisans are luring Italian troops away from their positions with boxes of pasta and the occasional whore. Also, the honey trap of middle aged women acting like their mothers are causing Italian troops to lounge around in the house they are quartered in and not go out and fight.

Reading this thread makes me want this game, but I never played something like this: is it difficult/complicated to play? should I start from some less complex war game? some suggestions, please?

L.

That isn't in the game. I love stereotypes though.  :) And good sound systems.

The game isn't hard, but its LARGE. I can usually only do 1 Army Group or so before I have to save and do the next 2 tomorrow. And other than the automated recon and airbase attacks you can set up, air is a chore.

One good thing was I've looked in the manual maybe twice. Haven't tried to read the damn thing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 08:52:45 AM

L.

One good thing was I've looked in the manual maybe twice. Haven't tried to read the damn thing.

I would chaulk that up in the pro column.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

szmik

Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2011, 12:03:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 08:52:45 AM

L.

I would chaulk that up in the pro column.

Ignorance is a blessing. :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

I noticed I got the "mighty" Hungarian tank division. It starts with 5 Russian T26 tanks stolen from those poor Slavs.

When it arrives at the front, I'm sure the division will be good for scaring children, knifing policemen and chasing chickens.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 12:17:03 PM
I noticed I got the "mighty" Hungarian tank division. It starts with 5 Russian T26 tanks stolen from those poor Slavs.

When it arrives at the front, I'm sure the division will be good for scaring children, knifing policemen and chasing chickens.

enough of the gypo jokes, they were busy digging trenches and clearing minefield during this time :P

We, on the other hand, served as partisan hunters and cannon fodder.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2011, 12:22:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 12:17:03 PM

enough of the gypo jokes, they were busy digging trenches and clearing minefield during this time :P

We, on the other hand, served as partisan hunters and cannon fodder.

I am using two Hungarian security brigades to hold Kiev and the surrounding airgroup cluster I moved in there. Along with a Romanian Cavalry brigade (The Ramblin Wreck brigade)

Ed Anger

Also, in an amusing sort of way, I had a Hungarian cav brigade in Odessa shootin' folk policing, and I couldn't move Romanian units into the city. NO SCUM ALLOWED.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 12:37:56 PM
Also, in an amusing sort of way, I had a Hungarian cav brigade in Odessa shootin' folk policing, and I couldn't move Romanian units into the city. NO SCUM ALLOWED.

:lol: :thumbsup:

Ed Anger

As the mud arrives, it now looks like somebody threw shit on my screen. Thanks developers!

Using my mystical in game nazi powers of FORESIGHT AND HINDSIGHT, I spend the last clear turn using my panzer corps as daggers, stabbing at Soviet armor clumps in the rear then running back behind the infantry line. Special note goes to the Miroslav Satan Slovak Mobile Brigade, who shattered the 5th Guards Cavalry Division.

Demerits go to the Hungarian tank division, which seemingly lost their 5 T26 tanks on the train. Likely sold them for glass beads.

http://i.imgur.com/jbvck.jpg

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: