News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War in the East

Started by Berkut, March 06, 2011, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Halder's war diary, October 1941

Things have ground to a halt on the front, as mud chokes the movement ability of the army and chokes supply. One panzer division reports not receiving its fuel allotment and a couple units did not get their supply of carbon paper for filling out their forms. Army Group South reports the Hungarian garrison commander in Kiev was killed when they stormed the people's beet warehouse #23 and discovered it empty. Little do they know the German troops moving through emptied the warehouse and sent the beets to Germany. Our allies are stupid. They were: delicious.

Meanwhile at the Wolf's lair, Eva made the Fuhrer an bunny suit with feeties. It is just so cute. Keitel stole my lunch again from the fridge. Little does he know I had laxatives baked into the brownies. 
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

The game seems to be a bit too detailed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

The AI has no balls. Huge swaths of German units are "isolated" but the AI sits and waits. I think it knows something.

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 06, 2011, 06:32:04 PM
Going for attrition?

I'm waiting for '42. It, I assume is waiting for winter.

If I had played all crazy, I could've had Moscow. The ghost of Napoleon was watching over my shoulder, making tsk tsk sounds. Damn perv ghost.

Edit: And with the first snow turn, everybody got their vittles n' shit. After looking over Russian units I can see, I'm gonna go with Typhoon. Fuck it. Go for broke.

Ed Anger

Halder's War Diary, November 1941

The mood has lightened a bit here at the Wolf's Lair! Reports are coming in of a hole being blown in the Russian lines on the road to Moscow and two Panzer Corps pushing through. Hitler had one of his spells when the generals argued for keeping some panzers in reserve, while the Fuhrer raged about throwing them all in. It didn't help that Goering kept asking for his copy of 'Railroader magazine' back from Himmler and interrupting AH repeatedly. Stupid fat fuck.

Meanwhile in the South, the Russian lines had begun to disintegrate under a combined German/Romanian assault to clear the Russians from west of the Dnieper in the south Ukraine. Shockingly, AGS says that the Roms are fighting fiercely. Even the Wops and Gypsies are fighting hard. SHOCKA. AGS reports several very understregth Sov tank brigades may be engaged soon.

Keitel has stopped stealing my lunches. I hope he enjoyed those couple of days in the can. Stupid fuck. Eva is letting herself go. ABOMINATION.

Ed Anger

I think I made way too many mistakes and and going to start a Russian game now. Ed Hitler is retired.

Admiral Yi

Production system or set reinforcement schedule?

Ed Anger

For the Rooskies? No idea. I've only gotten through the turn one knee to the groin.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 09, 2011, 04:35:01 PM
For either or both.

Germans have a reinforcement/withdrawal schedule. The game doesn't make it easy to ID units peeling off back to Germany. MAKE IF FLASH DEVELOPERS. One turn a division is there, the next, a GIANT GAPING HOLE in the line.

Russians, no idea. I took a lookee and it is so fucking depressing I just exited it. EVERYBODY IS GOING TO DIE.

Maybe a '42 or '43 start is in order. Me need big murder boner corps.

Ideologue

What, really?  I mean, I can see requiring you to choose divisions to lose--iirc, this is basically how WitP did it with British recommitments to the Atlantic, you had to move ships back to Karachi or face... some sort of penalty, it never really mattered because I always won the war in thirty or forty days).  But just zapping them away--in 1941? to where? :unsure: were German units shorn off the Eastern Front to go to Serbia or something?--and without warning?  Bogus.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)