News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Mr.Penguin

wonder if the rebels mount a real counter offensive and push the pro- daffy troops back on their own, not just 200 wannabe fighters in pick-up trucks racing up and down the main coastal road, while posing for the cameras...

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Ed Anger

I think that guy sold me my snacks yesterday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 19, 2011, 01:40:12 PM
wonder if the rebels mount a real counter offensive and push the pro- daffy troops back on their own, not just 200 wannabe fighters in pick-up trucks racing up and down the main coastal road, while posing for the cameras...

Uh oh.  :unsure:  I thought the rebels didn't have tanks.  This guy's posing days may be over.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: DGuller on March 19, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 19, 2011, 01:40:12 PM

Uh oh.  :unsure:  I thought the rebels didn't have tanks.  This guy's posing days may be over.

They have Tanks and artillery, just as they got or rather had Mig-23's, they just not very good at using them...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Admiral Yi

Anyone know where the French planes are flying out of?

DGuller

Ed Anger

Slargos

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Sheilbh

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 19, 2011, 09:43:40 AMthen we bomb them. Iirc the UN resolution allows the intervention-forces to engage anyone that engages in atrocities against civilians.
I don't think us bombing them is any more likely than NATO bombing the KLA in case of attacks on civilians.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Hope so.
Lets also hope the supposed 8000 professional, fully organised soldiers the rebels have show themselves. They've been suspiciously abscent lately.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on March 19, 2011, 02:25:18 PM
Hope so.
Lets also hope the supposed 8000 professional, fully organised soldiers the rebels have show themselves. They've been suspiciously abscent lately.
He's gotta keep those guys in Tripoli in case the rebs try and slip a unit in during the mechanized movement phase.

Tonitrus

Quote from: jamesww on March 19, 2011, 02:27:15 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 19, 2011, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 19, 2011, 09:43:40 AMthen we bomb them. Iirc the UN resolution allows the intervention-forces to engage anyone that engages in atrocities against civilians.
I don't think us bombing them is any more likely than NATO bombing the KLA in case of attacks on civilians.

Well the KLA were a much more organised 'entity' ; they were proficient at ethnic cleansing, torture and progressing gangsterism into political office, so no.

You left out drug trafficking.