News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

So it sounds like the French are planning military strikes....?  Wow, go France. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Caliga

I've decided to reduce my France mockery by about 15%.  I may reduce it more depending on how well they do in Libya.

Legbiter

Kadaffi declared a ceasefire, asked for NGO's to send him hostages in case things went south.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on March 18, 2011, 05:27:20 AM
So it sounds like the French are planning military strikes....?  Wow, go France. :cool:

Wrong kind of strike.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

QuoteLibya has declared an immediate cease-fire, Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa said today.
Moussa Koussa :lmfao:

DGuller

Wow, those cascading alliances are really out of whack.  Qaddafi is toast.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Caliga on March 18, 2011, 07:47:49 AM
QuoteLibya has declared an immediate cease-fire, Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa said today.
Moussa Koussa :lmfao:

Almost as good as Biggus Dickus and his wife Incontinentia Buttocks... :D
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Caliga

I kinda wonder if his real name is like Moussa Muhammad Ali or something but Gadhafi likes to call him Moussa Koussa as a nickname, and he thought it would be a good idea to legally change his name. :)

Berkut

My boss:

"ZOMG! This is all about oil! The US is only getting involved in order to get the oil! The US doesn't get involved when countries without oil have revolts!"

You mean like Kosovo? Or Haiti? Or Panama? Or Vietnam? Or Korea?

"Yeah, well, we had other interests their! The US never did anything about Gaddafi before!"

Yeah, true - did this uprising create oil that wasn't there before? If this is all about oil, why did we wait for this uprising before we are doing anything?

"You are too naive - the US doesn't do anything in the Middle East unless there is oil!"

OK, I give up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josephus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 17, 2011, 07:57:53 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on March 17, 2011, 07:52:05 PM
If they were going to do this, they should have done it two weeks about when the rebs were winning.  Now that they're almost all crushed, I doubt this will do much.
Qadaffi's elite units are small though, wouldn't take much to rip them apart from the air. Once that's done the rebels should be able to retake the initiative.

But they're not going to do that unless Gadaffi's elite units take to the sky. This is a no-fly zone, not intervention.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on March 18, 2011, 07:43:13 AM
I've decided to reduce my France mockery by about 15%.  I may reduce it more depending on how well they do in Libya.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. France is led by a Hungarian Jew. According to the First Law of French Warfare we are dealing with a nasty BBB right now, not the Cheese eating surrender Monkey's of the Chirac era.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Josephus on March 18, 2011, 08:58:16 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 17, 2011, 07:57:53 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on March 17, 2011, 07:52:05 PM
If they were going to do this, they should have done it two weeks about when the rebs were winning.  Now that they're almost all crushed, I doubt this will do much.
Qadaffi's elite units are small though, wouldn't take much to rip them apart from the air. Once that's done the rebels should be able to retake the initiative.

But they're not going to do that unless Gadaffi's elite units take to the sky. This is a no-fly zone, not intervention.

The US has a long history of accidentally bombing things we don't really mean to though...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

Why would Libya call a ceasefire now? On the one hand, if he's winning, you wouldn't think Qaddafi would give up; on the other hand, if he's afraid of losing, you wouldn't think he'd be rational enough to quit, especially without trying to call the West's bluff.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on March 18, 2011, 08:59:01 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. France is led by a Hungarian Jew. According to the First Law of French Warfare we are dealing with a nasty BBB right now, not the Cheese eating surrender Monkey's of the Chirac era.
Sarko is a Jew?  Who leads France?  Are you sure about this? :blink: