News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2011, 05:41:26 PM
I dont ragequit, I just stop clicking on the ''serious'' threads for a while each time I'm reminded how barf-worthy or unfunny lots of people are on languish.

Yeah, that's the best strategy; that or simply scroll past posts by certain posters on certain (or all) topics.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 13, 2011, 05:04:18 PM
I thought he was wearing gaucho skirt/shorts and stockings.  Either way dressing up as the collaborator chick from The Last Empire during a civil war does not send the right message.

The guy is just cold, so he's wearing two overcoats. Because he's manning a checkpoint in the middle of fucking nowhere.

No hipster has that much authenticity in their clothing decisions.

Ed Anger

Defending hipsters make you a hipster. Don't be a hipster.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2011, 06:28:43 PM
The guy is just cold, so he's wearing two overcoats. Because he's manning a checkpoint in the middle of fucking nowhere.

No hipster has that much authenticity in their clothing decisions.
:yeahright:  And the Red Baron helmet, the hussar boots, and the luffa purse?

Mr.Penguin

From Al Jazeera's Libya Live Blog - March 15

Quote4:30pm
Anti-government activists said  that rebels commanding fighter jets have destroyed two of Gaddafi's warships off the northeast coast of Ajdabiya.

The opposition also claimed to have hit a third naval ship in the air attack, according to opposition website Libya al-Youm.

A number of army generals and soldiers, particularly in the Libyan Air Force, have defected to join the rebels and have an arsenal of weapons and fighter jets at their disposal.

The alleged attack comes as Gaddafi's forces continue to battle for control of Ajdabiya and the nearby city of Brega in order to advance on to the opposition stronghold of Benghazi.

No need for a NFZ as the rebels seems have their own air force...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Ed Anger

Quoteas the rebels seems have their own air force...

They've done a rather shitty job of contesting the airspace and letting Mummar's flyboys operate uncontested.

If these rebel planes exist.

Caliga

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 15, 2011, 11:14:47 AM
Anti-government activists said  that rebels commanding Egyptian fighter jets have destroyed two of Gaddafi's warships off the northeast coast of Ajdabiya.
Fixed. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Mr.Penguin

I dont know how trustworthy this news site is, but anyway it seems that the "rebel" pilots are a lot more effective than the pro- Gaddafi ones...

Baab Al Aziziyah

Quote20:03 BREAKING – Almanara Media confirms the following:
1. Al Gurdabiyya airbase near Sirt has been subject to air strikes by the defected Free Libyan Airforce
2. Shooting and explosions have happened in Baab Al Aziziyah.
3. A big fire has erupted inside Baab Al Aziziyah
4. The defected Free Libyan airforce has bombarded three Gaddafi military convoys headed to the east
5. Demonstrations have broken out in Girgarish, Tripoli

One the other hand... <_<

Quote20:32 BREAKING BREAKING from Almanara Media The huge fire that has erupted inside Baab Al Aziziyah was due to a martyr mission using a fighter jet to crash into the compound

Baab Al Aziziyah is the main pro- Gaddafi military base in Tripoli...

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

derspiess

So did Egypt take some F-16s & smear shit on them to look like MiG-21s, or what? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Ed Anger

reminds me of the .ru news reporting during the 2nd gulf war. THE AMERICANS HAVE BEEN DRIVEN BACK

citizen k

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 04:20:09 PM
reminds me of the .ru news reporting during the 2nd gulf war. THE AMERICANS HAVE BEEN DRIVEN BACK

And the classic,"Baghdad will be a Stalingrad for American forces."

Ed Anger

Quote from: citizen k on March 15, 2011, 04:43:45 PM

And the classic 'the Fedayeen Saddam drove the 3rd division back in middle of a dust storm!'.

Slargos

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Quote from: citizen k on March 15, 2011, 04:43:45 PM

And the classic 'the Fedayeen Saddam drove the 3rd division back in middle of a dust storm!'.

Were they riding Shai-Hulud?  :huh: