Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Neil on March 06, 2011, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2011, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 06, 2011, 12:26:11 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2011, 12:23:05 PM
The problem with all those Arab revolutions and civil wars is that in the end, the bad guys will inevitably win.
The Arab people are the 'bad guys'.
*whoosh*
No, I got it.  I just think you're wrong.

I don't think you did.

He implied that there's no good guys so by default the winner will be the bad guys.

DO YOU SEE?

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Every Civil War Megathread needs a Sherman hijack.

Slargos

:lol:

Someone's gonna get a bombin real bad,.  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

The fighting continues to escalate. I don't get how the news can still say things like "Libya appears to be sliding toward a civil war". It's already in a state of civil war, thousands have died.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41938283/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Nah, its not quite all out civil war yet, Gadaffi is still in denial about their being opposition and is keping the gloves on to a degree.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2011, 06:47:10 PM
Nah, its not quite all out civil war yet, Gadaffi is still in denial about their being opposition and is keping the gloves on to a degree.

That's true...but Rommel hasn't arrived yet.

Martinus

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 06, 2011, 05:35:56 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2011, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 05, 2011, 10:02:02 PM
Every other article says the rebels captured them.
How odd.

The rebels seems to think that every non Arab or Berber is a mercenary payed by Gaddafi. Africa oil workers has been attacked and some even lynched by locals, also wild rumors about "Christian" mercenary pilots from either Italy or Serbia being used to bomb rebel held cities. They somehow think that no true Arab muslim would fight for Gaddafi, so every outsider is suspicious...   

I don't know about other foreigners in Libya, but all oil workers got there as a part of deal their governments/companies made with Gaddafi. So they are getting everything they deserve. If you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on March 07, 2011, 02:50:11 AM
How odd.

The rebels seems to think that every non Arab or Berber is a mercenary payed by Gaddafi. Africa oil workers has been attacked and some even lynched by locals, also wild rumors about "Christian" mercenary pilots from either Italy or Serbia being used to bomb rebel held cities. They somehow think that no true Arab muslim would fight for Gaddafi, so every outsider is suspicious...   

I don't know about other foreigners in Libya, but all oil workers got there as a part of deal their governments/companies made with Gaddafi. So they are getting everything they deserve. If you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

What do you wake up with when you sleep with Wiktor?

Mr.Penguin

How odd.

Since all industry in Libya is run by Gaddafi and his buddies is all foreign work in the country "in bed" with Gaddafi, no matter if they are European, Turks, Chinese or African. Problem for the Africans is that they have been singled out due to so far unconfirmed reports of African mercenaries...   
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Tamas

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 07, 2011, 04:13:35 AM
How odd.

Since all industry in Libya is run by Gaddafi and his buddies is all foreign work in the country "in bed" with Gaddafi, no matter if they are European, Turks, Chinese or African. Problem for the Africans is that they have been singled out due to so far unconfirmed reports of African mercenaries...

yeah, nothing do with them being afro-africans, sure.

Tamas

How odd.

*sigh*

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Tamas on March 07, 2011, 05:04:39 AM
yeah, nothing do with them being afro-africans, sure.

Being Black and as such considered non- muslim/arab doesnt help either, but what can you expect from a bunch of sand hillbillies...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Josephus

So ....should the West, or the UN, declare a no-flight zone over Libya and shoot down any Libyan fighters/bombers? Discuss?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on March 07, 2011, 09:51:42 AM
So ....should the West, or the UN, declare a no-flight zone over Libya and shoot down any Libyan fighters/bombers? Discuss?
No.  The rebels are Gadaffi's problem and he should be allowed to deal with them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.