And we're back!

Main Menu

NFaiL Draft

Started by CountDeMoney, April 22, 2010, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2010, 09:52:16 AM
QuoteLinebacker Adalius Thomas was released by the Patriots on Monday

HA! That is what he gets for joining Belichoke and the evil empire.
Indeed.  Maybe he'll end up going somewhere not evil and return to form.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on April 26, 2010, 01:28:19 PM

Sometimes, the media declares draft busts too quickly. This is not one of those instances. Ryan Leaf is the epitome of NFL Draft bust but Russell could soon join Leaf, Andre Ware, Akili Smith, Terry Baker, David Carr and Rick Mirer on those notorious top 10 bust lists.

Didn't Carr have a couple of decent seasons before the sacks broke his soul?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 28, 2010, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: Strix on April 26, 2010, 01:28:19 PM

Sometimes, the media declares draft busts too quickly. This is not one of those instances. Ryan Leaf is the epitome of NFL Draft bust but Russell could soon join Leaf, Andre Ware, Akili Smith, Terry Baker, David Carr and Rick Mirer on those notorious top 10 bust lists.

Didn't Carr have a couple of decent seasons before the sacks broke his soul?

No.  It also turns out that tool was responsible for a whole shitload of those sacks that "broke his soul."

Edit:  Unless Matt Schaub is somehow more elusive than David Carr or something (he's not, and it's not even close..dude is a statue).

Edit2:  Now, to be fair, I personally would have thrown Tony Banks to the wolves that first year, especially after Boselli and the other dude who was supposed to anchor the line just...didn't....make it, and I think Carr, despite sacking himself a couple times a damn game, would have still ended up as a good backup.  But seriously, by the third year or so, I would have made the Rosencopter the starter and never looked back, even knowing about his incredible ability to lose games.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 28, 2010, 08:47:52 PM
No.  It also turns out that tool was responsible for a whole shitload of those sacks that "broke his soul."
No, he sort of wasn't.  The Texans line has improved a lot over the years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2010, 09:04:55 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 28, 2010, 08:47:52 PM
No, he sort of wasn't.  The Texans line has improved a lot over the years.

Sure he was.  Don't be silly.  The Schaubster had the exact same line as Carr his first year and the sacks went from what...like 40,50? to ~20.  At least half of those dudes are gone now though, due to injuries, retiring, or just sucking.  Yeah...LT, LG, RG, and C are different now.  Winston is still there, and that's it IIRC.

E: A whole lot of those were him just running out of bounds behind the LOS instead of just tossing the ball out of bounds, which was infuriating.  I remember one specific time where he took off and ran OOB right at the line of scrimmage, but actually held the ball behind him, resulting in a loss of yards.  Just wtf kind of shit.   Schaub actually throws the thing away.  He also does crazy shit like trying to block DE's straight up though.

E2: Actually, I think Schaub's first year was when the Dayne train broke the shit out of the starting LT's leg, so they had to go with Ephraim Salaam there.  Either Schaub's first or Carr's last.  :hmm:  That was pretty nasty whenever that was.  The Dunta Robinson leg break was pretty gross too.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 28, 2010, 09:06:22 PM
Sure he was.  Don't be silly.  The Schaubster had the exact same line as Carr his first year and the sacks went from what...like 50? to ~16.  At least half of those dudes are gone now.
Carr was finished before Schaub came along, and the Texans line improved over the course of Carr's tenure, even as Carr got worse.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
Carr was finished before Schaub came along, and the Texans line improved over the course of Carr's tenure, even as Carr got worse.

04 and 06 were two of the best years of his career.   2005 was the disaster 2 - 14 season that wasn't good for anyone.

jimmy olsen

Anyways, my point was that Carr was a big step up from any of those other names on that list.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 28, 2010, 10:47:03 PM
Anyways, my point was that Carr was a big step up from any of those other names on that list.

Oh.  Yeah.  :P   He's actually kind of an alright backup, instead of just being worthless.

CountDeMoney

David Carr was a very capable and promising quarterback, but he was destroyed by that junior varsity line of the Texans.
Naturally to learned Texans fans, now that Houston shows occasional sign of life offensively, it's all his fault.

FRESNO STATE FOREVER

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:

Edit:  http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=2&year=2010&hour=18&min=30&sec=0&p0=179

That's a long time to wait for FRESNO STATE college football.  Dallas and Cincy play the Hall of Fame game Aug 8 though, at least.