NFaiL Draft

Started by CountDeMoney, April 22, 2010, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Jason Campbell deserves better than the Skins and Raiders. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 24, 2010, 09:24:14 PM
Seedy or neil, any chance of a detailed description of the Ravens draft choices?  Been in the field.  :bleeding:

Edit:  Well i guess mainly their reason for so many tight ends,  I thought heap was really good, just not getting the ball thrown at him lately?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:bal

I don't know college players enough to comment.  Heap is getting older, has been hurt before, and has no depth behind him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2010, 01:48:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2010, 09:28:07 AM
The look on Colt McCoy's face when the Browns announced him was priceless.  I've seen that same look in dental office waiting rooms, right before the root canal procedure.

He is the next Bernie Kosar.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 24, 2010, 09:24:14 PM
Seedy or neil, any chance of a detailed description of the Ravens draft choices?  Been in the field.  :bleeding:

Edit:  Well i guess mainly their reason for so many tight ends,  I thought heap was really good, just not getting the ball thrown at him lately?

1. I was a little surprised that Sergio Kindle lasted as long as he did, even with the rumors of his knee before the draft;  he's a megatypical 3-4 linebacker with speed and wingspan, and will definitely give Suggs a running mate on the outside/down lineman blitz.  Particularly since Tavares Gooden isn't getting the job done.  They had the least number of sacks ever for a Ravens franchise last season;  Kindle will definitely address that.

2. While he wasn't my first pick for DT, Mount Cody will be more than compelling to watch next to Ngata;  that's damned 700+ pounds of beef at the DT positions. Ain't nobody running on the Ravens.  Cody was another victim of pre-draft hysteria, with his weight and work ethic.  Those issues usually disappear your first training camp with Ray Lewis.

3. The TEs--while I've seen more of Ditta in games than Dickson the Duck, the fact that Todd Heap's productivity is down, combined with no depth behind him for years, makes these picks very good.  They'll both make the team.  I can see Dickson out of the box more often, lining up outside and playing in motion.  It's all about getting targets downfield for Flacco, and both these guys have the tools to do it, particularly in the middle of the field.  And Ditta is a hell of a downfield blocker.  For a Mormon.

4. The end of the draft:  Picking David Reed from Utah is going to pay off, and become another Ozzie Draft Day Miracle.  That OLman from Moorehouse is a total project, but he's been coveted by a lot of teams as a future mauler when he gets enough experience.  Same with the lineman from Syracuse.

Final analysis:  I'd have liked to have seen them address the safety position, but I can't complain when they score two 1st Round picks in the 2nd round;  Kindle and Cody were both fantastic steals, and will be immediate starters on defense, insha'allah.  The two TEs will definitely make the team, and David Reed will be the steal of the draft for them.

Alcibiades

I'm also really surprised they didn't nab a corner or so, they're secondary was terrible this past year.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Huh.  One of Houston's 4th round picks is Al Sharpton's nephew (Daryl Sharpton).

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

dps

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2010, 01:48:32 PM
He is the next Bernie Kosar.

Of course, if you're a Cleveland fan, what you really want is the next Otto Graham.  Being as how no QB has won an NFL title there since Graham.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 25, 2010, 02:25:11 PM
I'm also really surprised they didn't nab a corner or so, they're secondary was terrible this past year.

Their pass defense improved tremendously over the final 6 weeks, but the big issue is the late season injuries to their starters and whether or not they'll be good to go for camp or the beginning of the season.
But yeah, it's a principal concerm.

Neil

A pass rush would help with that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 25, 2010, 04:15:17 PM

No shit.  Even Jesus can't be expected to cover Ochocinco for 9 seconds.  Gotta get the rush on to the QB, and the Ravens have had very little of it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2010, 09:38:49 AM
As much as I hate to, I have to give the Patriots an A for their draft, too.
Excellent :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

The Cardinals' draft wasn't spectacular, but they got some some good players to try and rebuild their defense.  Williams falling to them at 26 was a minor miracle; the TCU LB is supposed to be good but I don't know much about him.  Their 4th round pick should have gone higher but he ripped up his knee at the Senior Bowl; hopefully he will be ready come September.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2010, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 25, 2010, 04:15:17 PM
No shit.  Even Jesus can't be expected to cover Ochocinco for 9 seconds.  Gotta get the rush on to the QB, and the Ravens have had very little of it.
And that was the difference between two years ago and last year.

Berkut

SO the Bills didn't get a QB in free agency or the draft.

Some might think this is bad, but it turns out they didn't get one because they are happy with the QB situation as it is.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned