News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFaiL Draft

Started by CountDeMoney, April 22, 2010, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Seedy,

Yes I agree this new 1st rd on thur, 2-3 on Fri and rest of draft on Sat sucks in so many different ways.
Even more so as it started at 3:30 local time so didn't see a lick of it as I was working and the 4-7 rds start at 6am local time on Sat....
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Judas Arnold-

the better pro version of Tebow will be available next year, but unless the Brownies have #1 pick won't have a shot at him.

Ed Anger

QuoteAlso:  Ed Anger works for the Cincinatti Bengals.  I've figured it out.  They hired the Nuge today!

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Vince

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2010, 09:16:25 PM
Tebow in the first round.  Wow.

The power of Christ compelled them.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 23, 2010, 04:09:11 PM

The power of Christ compelled them.

That's a better explanation than mine, which involved a llama, several bottles of tequila, and nude pictures of Josh McDaniels...

Seriously, even the most optimistic assessments of the kid were that he had great'athleticism', great attitude, and could be a star if someone was willing to nurture him for several years.  None of that screams "first round talent" to my ears.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

I wonder if Toby Gerhart will be there when the Texans 2nd round pick rolls around and if they'll take him if so.  Apparently, they were wanting an RB in the first, but the right guy (Matthews was who they wanted) just wasn't there at 20, so they took Jackson, who will probably end up starting at CB anyway at some point this season.

I really wouldn't mind having a huge RB who doesn't ever fumble on the roster (they do have Arian Foster, who's similarly sized kinda and who I kinda like...heh his mom posts on the Texans board too, which is interesting). 

Edit:  Berk, NFLN just did a little interview with Arizona's former TE, Gronkowski (?), who's in the green room for the second round.  Looked like a good TE in the highlight clips, but they mentioned his back might be screwed up.

Eddie Teach

Somebody explain to me why Tebow's peformance is expected to drop off so much relative to the other draftees.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2010, 09:20:23 PM

Right now, competing with Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, I'd say Tebow is the presumptive starter.

Competing with Kyle Orton, Johnny Unitas would be the presumtive starter--and he's been dead for eight years.

MadBurgerMaker

I just don't get why they didn't take Emuface Clausen.  Is Clausen some sort of douche or moron or something?

Vince

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 23, 2010, 05:01:58 PM
I just don't get why they didn't take Emuface Clausen.  Is Clausen some sort of douche or moron or something?

There's no way Clausen falls past the Bills at 41.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2010, 04:29:51 PM
That's a better explanation than mine, which involved a llama, several bottles of tequila, and nude pictures of Josh McDaniels...

Seriously, even the most optimistic assessments of the kid were that he had great'athleticism', great attitude, and could be a star if someone was willing to nurture him for several years.  None of that screams "first round talent" to my ears.

More seriously, it seems the idea is that we could turned into a Welker-type and Welker has shown the potential value of that kind of player in the NFL.  That plus the option value of the long shot chance he could make it as a QB arguably takes him above the 4th/5th round level.  But 1st is still a stretch.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2010, 04:57:58 PM
Somebody explain to me why Tebow's peformance is expected to drop off so much relative to the other draftees.  :hmm:
Because qb's who ran spread in college have so far had hard time with learning to deal with NFL coverages. And iirc his delivery wasnt all that impressive, so he's looked at someone who will have to be developed over a few years. Now that works when like the Packers did it with Rodgers, but you can look at how David Carr and Alex Smith have faired when qb's are tossed in too soon which is what most people think will happen in Denver as Orton is a joke and Quinn hasn't impressed either.

JacobL

oh good...tampa is becoming the lions of DT drafting  :yuk: :cry:

Sophie Scholl

:ultra: Stop the Orton hate you bastards!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."