And we're back!

Main Menu

NFaiL Draft

Started by CountDeMoney, April 22, 2010, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince

Quote from: Vince on April 23, 2010, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 23, 2010, 05:01:58 PM
I just don't get why they didn't take Emuface Clausen.  Is Clausen some sort of douche or moron or something?

There's no way Clausen falls past the Bills at 41.

Of course I could be wrong.   :blush:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Vince on April 23, 2010, 05:51:21 PM
Of course I could be wrong.   :blush:

Hey maybe he'll be there in the 4th or 5th round and the Texans can get their next backup QB.  :P

Ed Anger

Great, the Ratbirds just got Sergio Kindle. Like they needed another linebacker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Doh.  I wonder what they got for Gerhart.

Oh..swapped 2nds and picked up a 3rd.  Not a bad deal there, I don't think (Gerhart's going to be a damn hall of famer or something :bleeding:).

Ed Anger

Fucking Ratbirds. Mount Cody now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Tebow has no chance of starting as a rookie, unless it is at wide receiver.  Orton is serviceable, and if the Broncos really want a subpar, overhyped QB, they already have Quinn.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

It's official, Al Davis is dead.  There's no way that the Raiders can draft 3 logical, good picks in a row with him alive and calling the shots.

In Browns news, I'm officially questioning their drafting this year.  Not happy at all with what they've done.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2010, 06:59:54 PM
Tebow has no chance of starting as a rookie, unless it is at wide receiver. 

Tebow isn't fast enough to be a WR.  He could be a TE though.

Edit:  Can he catch?

dps

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 23, 2010, 08:02:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2010, 06:59:54 PM
Tebow has no chance of starting as a rookie, unless it is at wide receiver. 

Tebow isn't fast enough to be a WR.  He could be a TE though.

Edit:  Can he catch?

Probably. 

I was looking at the College Football News website, and one of their comments was, "Congratulations, Denver. You just spent the 25th pick in the draft on Jim Jensen".  For those of you who don't remember Jim Jensen, he was a Miami Dolphin back in the Dan Marino era.  He was their 3rd string QB, 2nd string center, 3rd string RB, 2nd string TE, 3rd string WR, 2nd string ILB, 3rd string OLB, the dime back when they used a 6-DB package, and captain of the special teams.  In other words, he could do almost anything you wanted a player to do on the football field--but he didn't do anything quite well enough to be an NFL starter at any position. 

MadBurgerMaker

1(20): Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
2(58): Ben Tate, RB, Auburn
3(81): Earl Mitchell, DT, Arizona

I like the first two quite a bit, but I don't know shit about Mitchell there.  They're all at positions of need, so...whatever.  NFL.com has a weird typo in Mitchell's weight category they haven't caught saying he's 215lbs, while other places are putting him at a much more believable ~295.

They were making some trades today too.  Down in the second for a 3rd, then up again for a 5th.  Down out of the third (the one they picked up for the Gerhart spot) for another 4th and 5th. 

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 23, 2010, 04:53:49 PM
I wonder if Toby Gerhart will be there when the Texans 2nd round pick rolls around and if they'll take him if so.  Apparently, they were wanting an RB in the first, but the right guy (Matthews was who they wanted) just wasn't there at 20, so they took Jackson, who will probably end up starting at CB anyway at some point this season.

I really wouldn't mind having a huge RB who doesn't ever fumble on the roster (they do have Arian Foster, who's similarly sized kinda and who I kinda like...heh his mom posts on the Texans board too, which is interesting). 

Edit:  Berk, NFLN just did a little interview with Arizona's former TE, Gronkowski (?), who's in the green room for the second round.  Looked like a good TE in the highlight clips, but they mentioned his back might be screwed up.

Gebhardt went in the first round, didn't he?

And Gronkowski is the real deal - he is simply a beast. If he can stay healthy, he will have a very solid NFL career.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on April 23, 2010, 08:53:19 PM
I was looking at the College Football News website, and one of their comments was, "Congratulations, Denver. You just spent the 25th pick in the draft on Jim Jensen". 

Lulz, Crash Jensen.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on April 23, 2010, 11:22:11 PM
Gebhardt went in the first round, didn't he?

Pick 51 in the second round.  The Texans traded that one to the Vikes for the 61st (then traded that one and a 5th rounder for the 58th where they got Ben Tate) and a 3rd (93, which they traded to get another 4th and a 5th).  Minnesota is going to be rotating Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart now. :blink:

QuoteAnd Gronkowski is the real deal - he is simply a beast. If he can stay healthy, he will have a very solid NFL career.

Good pickup by the Patriots then.  He was really excited about it, which was nice to see.  Know anything about Earl Mitchell? 

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 23, 2010, 09:51:14 PM
1(20): Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
2(58): Ben Tate, RB, Auburn
3(81): Earl Mitchell, DT, Arizona

I like the first two quite a bit, but I don't know shit about Mitchell there.  They're all at positions of need, so...whatever.  NFL.com has a weird typo in Mitchell's weight category they haven't caught saying he's 215lbs, while other places are putting him at a much more believable ~295.

They were making some trades today too.  Down in the second for a 3rd, then up again for a 5th.  Down out of the third (the one they picked up for the Gerhart spot) for another 4th and 5th. 

Mitchell going that early was definitely a surprise to me. Great college player, and I thought he was pretty undervalued, but 3rd round?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned