North Korea adopts new war invasion strategy

Started by jimmy olsen, April 28, 2010, 01:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2010, 01:07:09 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 29, 2010, 09:25:13 AM
The chinese are not going to help take down north korea unless north korea fucks it up too much. The chinese probably have significant paranoia stemming from a (ROK) 700,000 western equipped army on their border. The Koreans can eat shit (or in this case rocks) and die as far as the CCP is concerned, they just want the buffer. 

This.

I suspect they also see value in NK being a foreign policy distraction for the US, as well as NK making Red China look so great by comparison, no matter what the latter does.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 29, 2010, 03:20:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2010, 01:07:09 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 29, 2010, 09:25:13 AM
The chinese are not going to help take down north korea unless north korea fucks it up too much. The chinese probably have significant paranoia stemming from a (ROK) 700,000 western equipped army on their border. The Koreans can eat shit (or in this case rocks) and die as far as the CCP is concerned, they just want the buffer. 

This.

I suspect they also see value in NK being a foreign policy distraction for the US, as well as NK making Red China look so great by comparison, no matter what the latter does.

That is probably also the reason Chavez and Mugabe both seem to support Iranian Nukes.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Why would China care how many troops a united Korea has on their border?  The only way that Korea could ever pose a threat to China is if the Chinese forget that they have The Bomb.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.