North Korea adopts new war invasion strategy

Started by jimmy olsen, April 28, 2010, 01:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2010, 06:24:05 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 28, 2010, 05:27:12 AM
Wow, N.Korea being sensible.
:huh:
Certainly more reasonable than "we'll overrun the peninsula in a week.

Crazy and Nearly Impossible > Laughably Impossible

By the way, HMBob, have you seen any of those mourning pagoda things they've put up? I was in Suwon tonight, and they had one outside the AK Plaza, the giant mall/subway/train station. It's an open tent pagoda style thing run by the military with pictures of all 46 sailors KIA, martial/somber music and a wall to write well wishes on. I wish I could have taken a photo, but I didn't want to be disrespectful, so I just added my thoughts to the wall.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 28, 2010, 09:01:59 AM

By the way, HMBob, have you seen any of those mourning pagoda things they've put up? I was in Suwon tonight, and they had one outside the AK Plaza, the giant mall/subway/train station. It's an open tent pagoda style thing run by the military with pictures of all 46 sailors KIA, martial/somber music and a wall to write well wishes on. I wish I could have taken a photo, but I didn't want to be disrespectful, so I just added my thoughts to the wall.

No, but I haven't been outside my rat hole district all week, as usual. They did give us little black ribbons to wear for the mourning period - they're for all the public employees, which includes school teachers too.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

Given that NK can't even feed its people, nor supply electrical power to most of the nation outside of the Capital and some major cities, and lacks most vestiges of normal, modern civilization, should we think it even possible for the NK military to actually be able to sustain the logistics of invading SK and lasting very long before they run out of supplies of all kinds?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 28, 2010, 09:08:10 AM

No, but I haven't been outside my rat hole district all week, as usual. They did give us little black ribbons to wear for the mourning period - they're for all the public employees, which includes school teachers too.
I didn't get any ribbon. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: KRonn on April 28, 2010, 09:11:39 AM
Given that NK can't even feed its people, nor supply electrical power to most of the nation outside of the Capital and some major cities, and lacks most vestiges of normal, modern civilization, should we think it even possible for the NK military to actually be able to sustain the logistics of invading SK and lasting very long before they run out of supplies of all kinds?

alfred russel

Assuming there is any truth to the story at all, maybe the thinking is, "Militarily we may be doomed, all we have is the deterrant effect that a war will totally destroy Seoul, and this plan emphasizes that to South Korea and the US."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 28, 2010, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 28, 2010, 09:08:10 AM

I didn't get any ribbon. <_<

They know your loyalty is suspect.
Commie.

Grey Fox

Gotta love the scared look of the "scientist" here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2010, 03:11:12 AM
QuoteThe majority of North Korea's tanks are lighter amphibious models designed for the easy fording of rivers, but with such light armor protection that even .50 caliber machine guns would grind them up.

That 40 mile dash would be a bitch, considering the hundreds of Vulcan mini-guns in established hard points the ROK installed in the mid-90s.  Every inch of that western DMZ line is one big concentric field of fire, chock full of heady CIWS goodness.

There won't be a 40 mile dash.
They will send their tanks through their tunnels.

The wild, screaming axe men will follow.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Don't their tanks have much better armor than American tanks?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on April 28, 2010, 01:19:50 PM

Certainly.

Even American tankers hate the M1.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on April 28, 2010, 01:28:08 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 28, 2010, 01:19:50 PM

Certainly.

Even American tankers hate the M1.
It's the Sherman of the Cold War.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: KRonn on April 28, 2010, 09:11:39 AM

That's probably why they had a plan to overrun the entire country in 5-7 days--they could only carry enough supplies for 5-7 days with them from the start, so the plan had to be completely executed during that time. 

Berkut

Assuming the nukes don't fly, a NK invasion of SK would probably be for the best for the citizens of NK.

Sure, a bunch of them would be dead, but a bunch of them die all the time, I am thinking. And at least after SK and the US took over NK, they could finally integrate and join civilization.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Actually, again assuming the nukes don't fly - how easily could SK and the US take out NK assuming we attacked them with the intent of re-unifying the country under the SK government?

0 rows returned