News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Started by jimmy olsen, April 27, 2010, 01:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I saw this book at the store the other day, I tried to read the jacket but I just couldn't do it.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

Antibellum emo vampires? Can't really see it. These must be pre-mormon pre-emo and pre-sticky knickers vampires. I'll read.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Since when did books have trailers anyway?
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on April 27, 2010, 04:39:59 AM
Since when did books have trailers anyway?

Welcome to the 21st century.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 27, 2010, 02:46:52 AM
:bleeding:
The reviews have been great, even the Abraham Lincoln blog liked it. Tim Burton has already optioned the film rights.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Your Honor, exhibit #598 of why Tim needs to be punched in the nuts repeatedly
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It's a best seller, as was Pride & Prejudice & Zombies before it, and both are being made into movies. You can't pin this on me.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 27, 2010, 08:39:24 AM
It's a best seller, as was Pride & Prejudice & Zombies before it, and both are being made into movies. You can't pin this on me.

Objection overruled.

I pronounce you guilty.

jimmy olsen

Then I must counterattack with the upcoming movie "Leonardo da Vinci and the Soldiers of Forever"

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/03/warner-bros-making-leonardo-da-vinci-actionadventure.html

QuoteDa Vinci is best known as the painter behind "Mona Lisa" and "The Last Supper," though he also was an inventor, engineer, architect, mathematician among many other occupations. The project re-imagines Da Vinci as a member of a secret society who falls headlong into a supernatural adventure that pits the man against Biblical demons in a story involving secret codes, lost civilizations, hidden fortresses and fallen angels. Think "National Treasure" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" by way of "Clash of the Titans."

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2010, 09:41:15 AM
Boring.
Of course.  The Hack Attack follows every original idea and produces tons of boring unoriginal copies.  Happened to fantasy, happened to vampire novels, and now to the "unusual combo" genre.

Philip Jose farmer did all of this stuff much better than the modern writers, back in the 1960s and 1970s.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 27, 2010, 09:29:47 AM
Then I must counterattack with the upcoming movie "Leonardo da Vinci and the Soldiers of Forever"

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/03/warner-bros-making-leonardo-da-vinci-actionadventure.html

QuoteDa Vinci is best known as the painter behind "Mona Lisa" and "The Last Supper," though he also was an inventor, engineer, architect, mathematician among many other occupations. The project re-imagines Da Vinci as a member of a secret society who falls headlong into a supernatural adventure that pits the man against Biblical demons in a story involving secret codes, lost civilizations, hidden fortresses and fallen angels. Think "National Treasure" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" by way of "Clash of the Titans."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill:_The_Hollywood_Years

die die die

Grinning_Colossus

Abe Lincoln vs. vampires actually sounds like it would work very well as an allegory -- vampires being parasites who survive off of the life energy of others.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?