Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29630925/
QuoteOfficial: 16 dead in German school shooting
17-year-old gunman 'carried out a bloodbath' before police shot him

BREAKING NEWS
updated 3 minutes ago

STUTTGART, Germany - A 17-year-old gunman dressed in black opened fire at his former high school in southwestern Germany on Wednesday, killing at least 15 people before police shot and killed him, a German official said Wednesday.

It was Germany's worst shooting since another teenage gunman killed 16 people and himself in another high school in 2002.

Most of the slain students were found dead in the school and the gunman killed an adult outside the building as he escaped, regional police spokesman Klaus Hinderer said.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

"He went into the school with a weapon and carried out a bloodbath," said regional police chief Erwin Hetger. "I've never seen anything like this in my life."

After the attack, the suspect fled the Albertville high school toward the center of Winnenden, a town of 28,000, Hinderer said, before police tracked him down.

The teenager graduated from the school last year, police said.

Click for related content
A glance at school shootings in recent years

Witnesses said students jumped from the windows of the school building after the gunman
opened fire. Concerned parents quickly swarmed around the school, which was evacuated during the incident.

The man entered the school at 9:30 a.m. and opened fire, shooting at random, police said. Police said the suspect was dressed in a black.

About 1,000 children attend the school, located in a suburb some 12 miles northeast of Stuttgart.

In 2002, 19-year-old Robert Steinhaeuser shot and killed 12 teachers, a secretary, two students and a police officer before turning his gun on himself in the Gutenberg high school in Erfurt.

Steinhaeuser, who had been expelled for forging a doctor's note, was a gun club member licensed to own weapons. The attack led Germany to raise the age for owning recreational firearms from 18 to 21.

© 2009 The Associated Press.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Well, that should keep the Euros from crowing about school shootings for a little while.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BVN

You have nuts everywhere. What's new?

RIP to those that died...  :-[

jimmy olsen

Quote from: BVN on March 11, 2009, 08:09:22 AM

Oh, so if a school shooting happens in Europe the reason is that there are "nuts everywhere", if it happens in America it's because of our evil culture and gun laws. I'll make a note of that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 08:43:38 AM

Oh, so if a school shooting happens in Europe the reason is that there are "nuts everywhere", if it happens in America it's because of our evil culture and gun laws. I'll make a note of that.

Every time Timmayh posts, a school shooter gets his guns.

BVN

Make a note, draw a map, wathever pleases you. FYI, I never said "only in America" when we had these school shootings in America. You don't even know me and you lump me together with every other "Euro"...

Slargos

Quote from: BVN on March 11, 2009, 08:57:10 AM

Make a note, draw a map, wathever pleases you. FYI, I never said "only in America" when we had these school shootings in America. You don't even know me and you lump me together with every other "Euro"...

Who the fuck are you?

BVN

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on March 11, 2009, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: BVN on March 11, 2009, 09:00:24 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 11, 2009, 08:57:45 AM
Who the fuck are you?
...dumb euro...
Redundant.

You need to stop working so hard at making friends. It comes across as pretty needy.  ::)

Weatherman

Syt

My guess: FPS games will be found on his PC and computer games and other media will be blamed for his violent behavior. There'll be a further tightening of violence censorship in Germany; like 7 years ago after the Erfurt shootings.

Never mind his social environment or that his dad had 16 (legally acquired) guns in the house.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

BVN