Previous topic - Next topic

syk

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2009, 11:43:28 AM
Is Bernd the German anonymous?
looks like it
yes, it is.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2009, 11:47:28 AM

If you mean if people know who he is? Yes, after the shooting he went to his dad, showed him the above and they went to the police together.
I meant as in Anonymous from /b/.

EDIT: Ah, thanks Syk.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2009, 11:26:18 AM

Apparently, the guy announced his plans on a board/in a chat, but ended with: "Don't go to the police, I'm just trolling.":

To which the other side replied: "LOL, sure. Pics or didn't happen."  :XD:

I wonder how long it will be before a Languish post ends up making the news.

"He posted his plans on this Internet site, and others, thinking he was joking, goaded him ... "
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Austria is also discussing the events and also has a discussion about violent video games. Austrian laws are much more lax in that regard than the laws in Germany, so it's not very likely that much will come of it here.

What I didn't know, though, is that where Germany has an official office that checks if games are bad for kids and puts them on an index is that's the case, Austria has a similar office that instead gives seals of approvals to games and offers checklists what parents should think about when buying games for their kids; one line of thinking being that taking games off the market only makes them more interesting, and in the days of the internet they can be obtained, anyways.

Recommended games include plenty adventure games and lesser known kid oriented titles, but also Civ4, 1701 AD, FIFA games, EU3, Galciv 2, Madden 08 & 09, NHL 09 and 2k8 or FlightSim X.

Then again, I'm not sure how many parents consciously seek out that site or their recommendations.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on March 12, 2009, 01:47:56 PM

Apparently, the guy announced his plans on a board/in a chat, but ended with: "Don't go to the police, I'm just trolling.":

I wonder how long it will be before a Languish post ends up making the news.

"He posted his plans on this Internet site, and others, thinking he was joking, goaded him ... "

I'm just glad it has not happened yet. We did have a poll on this once right?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

syk

garbon

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

syk

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 04:04:04 PM

:(
you have been trolled

garbon

Quote from: syk on March 12, 2009, 04:24:35 PM
you have been trolled

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ender

Ender

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 04:50:37 PM
Quote from: syk on March 12, 2009, 04:24:35 PM
you have been trolled

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

troll1   /troʊl/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [trohl]  Show IPA ,
–verb (used with object) 1. to sing or utter in a full, rolling voice.
2. to sing in the manner of a round or catch.
3. to fish for or in with a moving line, working the line up or down with a rod, as in fishing for pike, or trailing the line behind a slow-moving boat.
4. to move (the line or bait) in doing this.
5. to cause to turn round and round; roll.
6. Obsolete. to hand around, as a bowl of liquor at table.

–verb (used without object) 7. to sing with a full, rolling voice; give forth full, rolling tones.
8. to be uttered or sounded in such tones.
9. to fish by trolling.
10. to roll; turn round and round.
11. to move nimbly, as the tongue in speaking.

–noun 12. a song whose parts are sung in succession; a round.
13. the act of trolling.
14. a lure used in trolling for fish.
15. the fishing line containing the lure and hook for use in trolling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1350–1400; ME trollen to roll, stroll < MF troller to run here and there < MHG trollen walk or run with short steps

Related forms:

troller, noun
troll2   /troʊl/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [trohl]  Show IPA ,
–noun 1. (in Scandinavian folklore) any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.
2. Slang. a person who lives or sleeps in a park or under a viaduct or bridge, as a bag lady or derelict.