News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

16 dead in German school shooting

Started by jimmy olsen, March 11, 2009, 07:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

How long before they blame the Jews?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Neil on March 11, 2009, 08:05:12 AM
Well, that should keep the Euros from crowing about school shootings for a little while.

Indeed. Instead of that we should discuss gun control. In Europe the countries with the most hunters (and thus the most guns) have these kind of disasters, just like in the US.

Berkut

Quote from: Jos Theelen on March 11, 2009, 09:42:23 AM
Well, that should keep the Euros from crowing about school shootings for a little while.

Indeed. Instead of that we should discuss gun control. In Europe the countries with the most hunters (and thus the most guns) have these kind of disasters, just like in the US.

Surely you understand the very basic logical fallacy of confusing correlation with causation?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on March 11, 2009, 09:35:37 AM
How long before they blame the Jews computer games?

Fixed. Games are the new Jews.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2009, 09:51:35 AM

Surely you understand the very basic logical fallacy of confusing correlation with causation?

Yes, that's why I wrote "discuss" instead of "forbid".

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2009, 09:51:35 AM

In his defense, there isn't even a correlation. Sweden has a higher amount of per capita gun ownership, especially what with the entire homeguard situation, yet we don't have these shootings yet.

He's just being an idiot, not making a poorly substantiated argument. There is an excuse for the former.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: BVN on March 11, 2009, 08:57:10 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 08:43:38 AM
Quote from: BVN on March 11, 2009, 08:09:22 AM
You have nuts everywhere. What's new?

RIP to those that died...  :-[

Oh, so if a school shooting happens in Europe the reason is that there are "nuts everywhere", if it happens in America it's because of our evil culture and gun laws. I'll make a note of that.
Make a note, draw a map, wathever pleases you. FYI, I never said "only in America" when we had these school shootings in America. You don't even know me and you lump me together with every other "Euro"...

You're quite right when you say I don't know you, I have no idea who you are since you changed your name! >:(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I knew it. Bild.de:

QuoteSo he wouldn't have to deal with people, he spent hours in front of the computer. A friend: "He loved shooter games like 'Counterstrike', watched horror movies on the PC. I wouldn't be surprised if he had spent the whole night shooting on the PC, heard of the shooting in America - and then went to the school."

Note how the friend remains conveniently anonymous. Also, Counterstrike has become synonymous in Germany with "superviolent/gory game that rewards people for shooting civilians".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Slargos

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2009, 02:00:08 AM
I knew it. Bild.de:

QuoteSo he wouldn't have to deal with people, he spent hours in front of the computer. A friend: "He loved shooter games like 'Counterstrike', watched horror movies on the PC. I wouldn't be surprised if he had spent the whole night shooting on the PC, heard of the shooting in America - and then went to the school."

Note how the friend remains conveniently anonymous. Also, Counterstrike has become synonymous in Germany with "superviolent/gory game that rewards people for shooting civilians".

Which is completely true. The freedom fighters clearly have been left with no other option than expressing their anger by blowing things up or taking hostages. There are clearly not enough youth centers in the CS universe, and no attempts to negotiate with them. Problems are always settled with weapons, and the police are seldom satisfied until all so called "terrorists" are dead. There are never any arrests.

I definitely see where they're coming from. It's a deplorable game that corrupts our youth, turning them into mindless americans.

Weatherman

I knew it. Bild.de:

That game is so 1999.

Liep

I knew it. Bild.de:

So the post he wrote on the interweb complaining that noone ever noticed his potential was rubbish? "I have guns here, I'm serious. Tomorrow I'll go down to my old school and shoot."
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Apparently, the guy announced his plans on a board/in a chat, but ended with: "Don't go to the police, I'm just trolling.":

To which the other side replied: "LOL, sure. Pics or didn't happen."  :XD:
—Stephen Jay Gould

syk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2009, 11:43:28 AM
Is Bernd the German anonymous?

If you mean if people know who he is? Yes, after the shooting he went to his dad, showed him the above and they went to the police together.
—Stephen Jay Gould