And we're back!

Main Menu

A Malthus Night Out

Started by Malthus, April 21, 2010, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on April 22, 2010, 08:05:03 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2010, 07:29:18 AM
I'm officially jealous, man.  :lol: I first learned about this band some years ago in Hungary through their song Wonderlust King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQ4ShVw-Y), and have been following them for a while. I'll probably see them live for the first time this summer in a festival in Portugal, and their "Super Taranta!" record is most probably on my Cd player back at home.

Can your friend get band freebies?  :P

Oh, and btw, this is the wiki page of the violin player in the band.  ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Ryabtsev

Heh, she gets freebies all the time - usually stuff designed to shock her a bit (I think Eugine kinda gets off on doing that to her, to be frank). Last time he was in Toronto, he gave her a dress with the band's name on in and a picture that, when looked at closely, displays a pic of a deer having oral sex with a hunter - if you knew this woman, you'd know why this was funny (she's extremely MILF-y, but very proper - big in Ukranian-Canadian cultural circles, "arty" but there is no way in hell she'd actually wear a dress like that in public).

If you get a chance, do see them live; lots of fun.

Well, they have a fan here, so if she can convince her to send something this way, it'd be more than welcome.  :w00t:

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2010, 07:54:21 AM
Malthus, btw, you should listen to a side project of the band, called J.U.F. (standing for Jewish Ukranian Friendship or something like that).  :)

Heh, we talked about that briefly; part of this guy's philosophy, at least from what I've heard, is the attempt to embrace his ethnic heritage without falling victim to the historical European trend of ethno-nationalism - thus to specifically embrace all of those aspects that give ethno-nationalists hives (Gypsy, Jew, etc.). Apparently, Eugine is himself part-gypsy, but didn't know it until he was older.

Of course, as an ethnic Jew married to a Ukranian nationalist, this has resonance with me, and I said so.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on April 22, 2010, 08:24:32 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2010, 07:54:21 AM
Malthus, btw, you should listen to a side project of the band, called J.U.F. (standing for Jewish Ukranian Friendship or something like that).  :)

Heh, we talked about that briefly; part of this guy's philosophy, at least from what I've heard, is the attempt to embrace his ethnic heritage without falling victim to the historical European trend of ethno-nationalism - thus to specifically embrace all of those aspects that give ethno-nationalists hives (Gypsy, Jew, etc.). Apparently, Eugine is himself part-gypsy, but didn't know it until he was older.

Of course, as an ethnic Jew married to a Ukranian nationalist, this has resonance with me, and I said so.

In case you're interested, he has also participated in (or made it himself, I don't know) a documentary called "The pied piper of Hutzovina", about a trip he made to Ukraine. Fragments of it are used in the video I linked in my first post. Think like the first part of Borat, only in a serious mood.  :P

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2010, 08:14:50 AM
Well, they have a fan here, so if she can convince her to send something this way, it'd be more than welcome.  :w00t:

How willing are you to wear a beastiality dress?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2010, 08:46:44 AM
In case you're interested, he has also participated in (or made it himself, I don't know) a documentary called "The pied piper of Hutzovina", about a trip he made to Ukraine. Fragments of it are used in the video I linked in my first post. Think like the first part of Borat, only in a serious mood.  :P

He does sorta resemble Borat, what with that funky 'stache of his.  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on April 22, 2010, 08:48:22 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2010, 08:14:50 AM

How willing are you to wear a beastiality dress?  ;)

Me, not very much, but I have a friend who wouldn't have a problem.  :lol:

Josquius

I passed a link to this thread onto a friend who is a mega fan by the way. He said something to the effect of "Jealousy^12, 'i'd suck eugenes cock if he asked me to' he's an idol".

Its weird really. Everyone likes different things and people always seem to get adventures in the domain of other people. Adventures which make other people insanely envious.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on April 23, 2010, 02:35:32 PM
I passed a link to this thread onto a friend who is a mega fan by the way. He said something to the effect of "Jealousy^12, 'i'd suck eugenes cock if he asked me to' he's an idol".

Its weird really. Everyone likes different things and people always seem to get adventures in the domain of other people. Adventures which make other people insanely envious.

Heh, that's true enough.

There were certainly groupies enough seemingly intent on said cock-sucking/idolitary at the concert - the security guards were busy chucking them out as they tried to sneak backstage. We didn't get chucked exactly because we didn't look like fans.

Looking back, though I've not told my wife this, I think her friend and Eugene had some sort of long-standing romantic thing going in the past, and that's why she invited us (so no possibility of actual hanky-panky) but did not take her husband (too awkward).

Actually, until I got to talking with the violin guy, I was horribly embarrased by the whole thing. I didn't know these people and they had no reason to want to know me. Who was I to impose on them, right after their concert? I just wanted to go home - I was tired, and had to work the next day. Only I couldn't just go, because I was the friend's ride.

To their credit, they could not have been more friendly and inclusive. I left thinking they were all real gentlemen.

Razgovory

I always figured a Malthus night out would be sit back with some friends, have a few drinks, and watch a population explode beyond it's environmental carrying capacity and suffer famine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2010, 10:11:27 PM
I always figured a Malthus night out would be sit back with some friends, have a few drinks, and watch a population explode beyond it's environmental carrying capacity and suffer famine.

You're thinking Malthusian.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

I can do all that while listening to music.  ;)

Oexmelin

For European fans, they'll be playing in France in the coming weeks (and in Bilbao in July).
Que le grand cric me croque !

Ed Anger

Sounds like my house. The fridge is EMPTY.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Cecil

After listening through some of their stuff on youtube I realized I´d rather listen to Britney Spears greatest hits. Maybe this is one of those groups that are better live.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2010, 09:28:36 AM

Sounds like my house. The fridge is EMPTY.
you know the answer. *snip* *snip* :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.