News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eight Reasons America Is On Edge

Started by jimmy olsen, April 20, 2010, 08:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jaron on April 23, 2010, 01:34:17 PM
Is it possible that God prays to grumbler?

No, Grumbler corrected God's grammer too often.  That is why God doesnt speak to anyone anymore. 

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 23, 2010, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2010, 10:48:17 AM
grumbler said, "Big Bang?  What Big Bang?   I didn't hear any noise.  Sound waves don't travel through space."
Wouldn't space have been dense enough immediately after the big bang for sound to travel through it?
No.  While the density of the universe was well in excess of the heart of a star, but the amplitude is too high for it to really be considered 'sound'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2010, 04:39:23 PM
Quote from: Jaron on April 23, 2010, 01:34:17 PM
Is it possible that God prays to grumbler?

No, Grumbler corrected God's grammer too often.  That is why God doesnt speak to anyone anymore.
He does speak.  About 4 posts after yours, for instance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JonasSalk

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2010, 05:10:55 PM
Incidentally, what I don't get is why so many of these teaparty types seem to look back to the past as some sort of tax eldorado? I mean, in 1960s, wasn't the highest tax bracket in its 80%s?

How far back is "the past"?  In the 1920s, the top rate was 25% and only if you made the equivalent of over 1 million dollars.  Before 1913, there was no income tax and virtually no federal taxes existed...so why only go back 50 years?  Because your argument likes to ignore history?
Yuman

Neil

When grumbler was a boy, the tax rate was 0%.  Hunter-gatherers didn't pay taxes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2010, 09:06:01 PM
When grumbler was a boy, the tax rate was 0%.  Hunter-gatherers didn't pay taxes.
Incorrect.  The left tusk of each mastodon was sacrificed to Aeiou, the god of consonants.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I think I might have preferred the god of vowels, then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2010, 10:07:17 PM
I think I might have preferred the god of vowels, then.
No one could pronounce Abcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxz's name, until the Aztecs came along.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Neil

Y is excluded, due to his open-mindedness.

garbon

Neil

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2010, 10:14:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2010, 10:13:39 PM
Y is excluded, due to his open-mindedness.

Does he go both ways?
I refuse to indulge in trashy gossip.

garbon

Damn, I was hoping to get something to put on my blog.