News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eight Reasons America Is On Edge

Started by jimmy olsen, April 20, 2010, 08:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2010, 07:35:52 AM
Actually it's the Fate-Alexandru Rule.  Raz sometimes says silly shit, but so do a lot of people.  I have never even considered adding Raz to Teh Rule(TM). 
Alexandru's trolls are amusing.  Raz's trolls are painfully unfunny and dumb, much like Fate's.  Raz isn't trolling all of the time, unlike Fate.  Still, he is trolling often enough that the rule applies unless one is specifically responding to a humorous or insightful comment (which his troll about Berkut "beating the racism drum" was not).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

If Alexandru's trolls are amusing, then they're not amusing for the reason he might think they are. :)  I also don't think Raz trolls all that often, recognizing that "often" is a relative term.  I think all of us troll sometimes--I know I do.

With Fate though (and we seem to be in agreement 100% on him), I feel like reading his posts is similar to conversing with my dad about politics.  My dad is ultra-right wing and basically parrots Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc.  He is incapable of having intelligent discourse about politics, because all he does is repeat catch phrases and buzz words, and the second you try to question him he gets deeply offended and walks out of the room or says "ok, I'm an idiot" and his feelings get all hurt.

Fate actually seems ok in non-political threads, but as soon as thread comes up that is about religion, race, politics, etc. Fate becomes robotically predictable and an annoyance, like my dad does in these conversations.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2010, 08:06:14 AM
If Alexandru's trolls are amusing, then they're not amusing for the reason he might think they are. :)  I also don't think Raz trolls all that often, recognizing that "often" is a relative term.  I think all of us troll sometimes--I know I do.
Alex's "trolls" are amusing because they are not really trolls, IMO.  I think he believes what he is saying.  I think that this is also true of lettuce.  I don't believe this about Raz or Fate.  They are saying things they don't believe because they are seeking to stir up some shit.

Everyone trolls, even JR.  No-one except Fate trolls as much as Raz, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2010, 07:53:28 AM
You do ignore Fate, well kinda. I was just fishing for a reason you might want to extend the same treatment to Raz, that's all.
I ignore trolls, that is true.  But that is ignoring posts, not posters.

I don't ignore Raz, I ignore his trolls, and try to encourage others to do so as well.

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on April 23, 2010, 06:40:03 AM
The "grumbler is so old he was a _____ at the battle of _____" meme is funny.  It doesn't bother me a bit (just like the "tackling" meme shouldn't bother Marti) . Some people run memes into the ground, but that also doesn't bother me.

I love Mad Libs.  MORE PLEAZZ
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2010, 05:53:48 AM
Oh, and for the record--since I don't feel like addressing every post in this thread--the recent phenomenons of teabaggers and right wing nuts are all about racism and sore losing.

So they're 50% right in your book, then?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 23, 2010, 09:00:14 AM
Alex's "trolls" are amusing because they are not really trolls, IMO.  I think he believes what he is saying.

Even if that is the case, his spouting of gays should die over and over again is tiresome. And he certainly posts them to get a negative reaction.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2010, 09:02:50 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 23, 2010, 06:40:03 AM
The "grumbler is so old he was a _____ at the battle of _____" meme is funny.  It doesn't bother me a bit (just like the "tackling" meme shouldn't bother Marti) . Some people run memes into the ground, but that also doesn't bother me.

I love Mad Libs.  MORE PLEAZZ

Grumbler was there when Cyrus took Babylon. Grumbler was there when Aeitus faced Attila at Chalons. Centurion Grumbler tripped Jesus on the way to the crucifixion.

Grumbler ejaculated into the primordial ooze.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

God said "Let there be light."
Grumbler said "Turn that damn light down, it is using too much energy."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

grumbler said, "Big Bang?  What Big Bang?   I didn't hear any noise.  Sound waves don't travel through space."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2010, 10:48:17 AM
grumbler said, "Big Bang?  What Big Bang?   I didn't hear any noise.  Sound waves don't travel through space."
Wouldn't space have been dense enough immediately after the big bang for sound to travel through it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Is it possible that God prays to grumbler?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 23, 2010, 07:58:28 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2010, 07:35:52 AM
Actually it's the Fate-Alexandru Rule.  Raz sometimes says silly shit, but so do a lot of people.  I have never even considered adding Raz to Teh Rule(TM). 
Alexandru's trolls are amusing.  Raz's trolls are painfully unfunny and dumb, much like Fate's.  Raz isn't trolling all of the time, unlike Fate.  Still, he is trolling often enough that the rule applies unless one is specifically responding to a humorous or insightful comment (which his troll about Berkut "beating the racism drum" was not).

Berkut knew what he was doing bring up Reverend Wright back in 1998.  It annoyed the shit out of me then.  I think I have the right to use it against him now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 23, 2010, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2010, 10:48:17 AM
Wouldn't space have been dense enough immediately after the big bang for sound to travel through it?

it is stupid questions to joke posts like that makes me dislike you. verily.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive