Congressman to Obama: Push immigration or I’ll tell Latino voters to stay home

Started by jimmy olsen, April 20, 2010, 08:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I don't recall giving garbon permission to use scrolling text.  :huh:

p.s. Paradox is lame. I'm assuming it's that, unless Faeelin is a secret anime fan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2010, 04:55:00 AM

p.s. Paradox is lame. I'm assuming it's that, unless Faeelin is a secret anime fan.
No and no, though I'm sure many here would have a low opinion of it, though supposedly Neil is also a member there and his opinion is of course all that matters. :pope:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

"
"You went from a humanizing definition of the community to a criminalizing definition of the community," Gutierrez said."

But they are criminals. 
PDH!

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2010, 05:00:31 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2010, 04:55:00 AM

No and no, though I'm sure many here would have a low opinion of it, though supposedly Neil is also a member there and his opinion is of course all that matters. :pope:

What is said forum?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Immigration debate and policy. Finally, a more peaceful and quiet issue for Congress and the nation to debate, to take on, after the furor over health care.   ;)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 21, 2010, 06:08:59 AM
"
"You went from a humanizing definition of the community to a criminalizing definition of the community," Gutierrez said."

But they are criminals.
If you believe a law is unjust, do you call those who break it criminals or victims?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Fate

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 21, 2010, 08:11:59 AM
Send them them all home....back to Mexico.  :mad:

Mexicans have more of a historical right to live in the Southwest than crackers like you.  :rolleyes:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2010, 12:08:20 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 21, 2010, 12:05:30 AM
people who don't vote are by default in agreement with whatever course taken.

not really

yes really. Staying silent is agreeing with what happens.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2010, 08:05:54 AM
"

But they are criminals.
If you believe a law is unjust, do you call those who break it criminals or victims?

:shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Wow, what a whiny bitch.  I hope Gutierrez gets more press coverage, as it will set the "comprehensive immigration reform" movement back quite a bit.  And while I'm sure Obama would love to grant blanket amnesty to all the illegals, he obviously needs to try to conserve whatever political capital he has left at the moment.  I'd love to see him turn his back on shitheads like Gutierrez, La Raza, etc. even if only out of necessity.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on April 21, 2010, 02:22:22 PM
Wow, what a whiny bitch.  I hope Gutierrez gets more press coverage, as it will set the "comprehensive immigration reform" movement back quite a bit.  And while I'm sure Obama would love to grant blanket amnesty to all the illegals, he obviously needs to try to conserve whatever political capital he has left at the moment.  I'd love to see him turn his back on shitheads like Gutierrez, La Raza, etc. even if only out of necessity.
I don't see Obama as having deeply held views on immigration reform.  I expect he'll try to split the difference between unions and immigrant bashers on the one hand and Latinos and immigrant loving progressives on the other.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2010, 01:14:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2010, 08:05:54 AM
"

But they are criminals.

:shifty:

As one of the people here I most respect what do you actually have to say about the issue (I know it's shocking, but I actually respect the opinions of lots of people here).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2010, 05:56:35 PM
I don't see Obama as having deeply held views on immigration reform. 

The hell he doesn't.  He & other Dems see future Democrat voters when they look at illegal immigrants.  That's not to say he isn't pragmatic enough to try to placate the unions.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall