Game Changing Weapons of the Third Reich

Started by jimmy olsen, April 10, 2009, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What weapon, if introduced a year earlier, would have had the most positive effect on the German War effort.

Sturmgewehr 44
2 (6.1%)
Panzer V
3 (9.1%)
Me - 262
15 (45.5%)
Type XXI U-boats
6 (18.2%)
Panzerfaust
2 (6.1%)
Other (specify)
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 13, 2009, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2009, 12:08:40 PM
But the similarities are striking.  For example, Hitler was obsessed with King Kong, which is essentially an animated monster movie... I see a strong parallel with Tim's love of anime.  Similarly, Tim is obsessed with Turtledove, and Hitler was obsessed with just-as-ludicrious alternate histories of the world such as the Aryan racial ancestor theories.  Finally, Tim has a bum leg, and Hitler had a bum ball.

I truly believe that if Hitler were resurrected and became a Languishite, he would end every post with  :w00t: and would post a glut of news articles that he found APOLEING.  :)

PDH wants a paper on that in two weeks.

I'll just do what his other students do - download some crap from the Internet.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2009, 02:24:29 PM

I'll just do what his other students do - download some crap from the Internet.  :)

:D

I felt like I was wasting my time looking up actual sources for an economics paper where there was Wiki just sitting there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

I'm not surprised he is offended by the Vegetarian slur

Study: Is Vegetarianism a Teen Eating Disorder?

But do remember, I'm pretty sure Timmay doesn't hate  :Joos
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2009, 02:23:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 13, 2009, 02:16:52 PM
Off to the camps with you. <_<

Of all the shit being slung at you, you find the most offensive is the insinuation you are not a vegitarian?

;)
Vegitarians are scum!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

QuoteI wont pretend I wont lie I love the taste of steak and BBQ beef ribs. But I need to get healty and I have watched some videos on how they keep and slauter the poor animals I wont be endulging anymore. It was diffrent when I did not know, I knew they killed them but meat was in a package and I did not think about how it got there. ignorance is bliss. But knowlege is power. I am becoming a member of PETA, Learning how to cook all over again. I am also ill and take at leat 20 pill a day so I needed this. Good luck to anyone else doing this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ape

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2009, 11:46:23 AM

It is just so hard to say - certainly much harder than arguing for the Me-262 to be commissioned a year early.

True, true, but a nice WI nontheless  :cool:

BTW you have any idea if the Me-110 could have been made into a dedicated fighter-bomber? Say change the four MG17 and the two 20mm MG/FF in the nose for a pair of 37mm FlaK 36, the same that the Ju-87G carried and dump the rear gunner to save weight. Would it have been feasable? Would the airframe support it? And throw in a few hardpoints to carry bombs and later ATG rockets under the airframe if it would be possible.

The reason I'm asking (other then actually having a soft spot for the Me-110) is if it would be possible for the Germans to have a Mosquito type plane early in the war. The Me-110 actually had decent maxium speed (560 km/h, same as the Bf-109) what made it a bad fighter was from my understanding it's lack of maneuverability, it also had decent cruising speed (480km/h), and certainly much better then the Ju-87 maxiumum speed (402 km/h).

grumbler

Quote from: Ape on April 13, 2009, 04:36:40 PM
BTW you have any idea if the Me-110 could have been made into a dedicated fighter-bomber? Say change the four MG17 and the two 20mm MG/FF in the nose for a pair of 37mm FlaK 36, the same that the Ju-87G carried and dump the rear gunner to save weight. Would it have been feasable? Would the airframe support it? And throw in a few hardpoints to carry bombs and later ATG rockets under the airframe if it would be possible.

The reason I'm asking (other then actually having a soft spot for the Me-110) is if it would be possible for the Germans to have a Mosquito type plane early in the war. The Me-110 actually had decent maxium speed (560 km/h, same as the Bf-109) what made it a bad fighter was from my understanding it's lack of maneuverability, it also had decent cruising speed (480km/h), and certainly much better then the Ju-87 maxiumum speed (402 km/h).
Don't know that much about the Bf-110, other than what you have noted, and the knowledge that it was always on the very of being replaced by the Me-210, which (somewhat like the He-280) was always "almost ready" but never actually ready.  I don't know that the -110 was a "Mosquito-like" aircraft, though, as it was slower than contemporary fighters and could not operate well at altitude.  It did have a very impressive total payload, though, of over 10,000 lb (fuel, ammo, and, potentially, bombs), and that was better than the Ju-88 (at a little over 9,000).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 13, 2009, 04:21:58 PM

Of all the shit being slung at you, you find the most offensive is the insinuation you are not a vegitarian?

;)

Why take offense at the notion that you are *not* one, then?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2009, 05:23:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 13, 2009, 04:21:58 PM

;)

Why take offense at the notion that you are *not* one, then?  :lol:
I took offense at the notion that when one compares me to Hitler you said "There are some differences, surely."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 13, 2009, 05:29:20 PM

I took offense at the notion that when one compares me to Hitler you said "There are some differences, surely."
[/quote]

What, are you of the opinion there are no differences?   :D

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2009, 05:35:48 PM

QuoteI took offense at the notion that when one compares me to Hitler you said "There are some differences, surely."

What, are you of the opinion there are no differences?   :D

There are lots of differences!  :contract:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Hitler is a German, who spoke German.  Tim is a Mexican, who speaks Mexican and English.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Hitler is a fantastic dancer. Tim..well, we just don't know. I assume he isn't, being Hispanic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"