News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Pretty sure Ethel Merman performed it too, but yeah it's a Judy Garland song.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on April 18, 2011, 05:17:45 AM
He was so famous, John Wayne played him in a film version of his life!

That's how I know him. The German business game "Oil Imperium" let you hire a "Ted Redhair" when your fields burst into flames and you didn't want to play the mini game to stop the fires.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

The Chick-Fil-A Banana Pudding Milkshake

Pros: Tastes like Banana Pudding

Cons: 1000 calories. 135 grams of sugar. Which I was unaware of. WOOOO, I've got a buzz.  :wacko:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Yeah, I can't eat/drink shit like that anymore.  The last time I tried to drink sweet tea I nearly threw up. :x

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 03, 2011, 06:41:53 PM
Yeah, I can't eat/drink shit like that anymore.  The last time I tried to drink sweet tea I nearly threw up. :x

I was in the drive thru and the sign started talking to me. EAT ME. CONSUME.  :)

I checked my blood sugar on a meter (yes, I have one just in case the family borderline Diabeetus kicks in): 253. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Caliga

That said... at some point in my life I've got to try that heart attack sandwich Elvis would fly to Denver for.  One loaf of french bread, one jar of peanut butter, one jar of grape jelly, and one pound of bacon.  Fry the bacon, insert into loaf pre-slathered with pb&j, close loaf, slather with a whole stick of butter, and bake. :showoff:

10,000 calories and 1 kilogram of fat per sandwich.  :elvis:

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 03, 2011, 06:41:53 PM

:huh: Are you okay?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

:huh: Nope, I just don't consume large quantities of sugar anymore.  For example, all I drink now is water, coffee, and unsweetened tea (don't even put any fake sweetener in there).  I also eat very little meat now, too. :)

Not sure if it's related to all of that, but I seem to be losing a lot of weight.  I need to buy a smaller belt soon as my pants have begun falling down.  I look like I'm trying to be a wigger or something. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2011, 06:44:22 PM
I checked my blood sugar on a meter (yes, I have one just in case the family borderline Diabeetus kicks in): 253. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ed Anger

:lol:

Just checked it again, it is below 200 and dropping. I'm safe for another day.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 03, 2011, 08:27:28 PM
:huh: Nope, I just don't consume large quantities of sugar anymore.  For example, all I drink now is water, coffee, and unsweetened tea (don't even put any fake sweetener in there).  I also eat very little meat now, too. :)

Not sure if it's related to all of that, but I seem to be losing a lot of weight.  I need to buy a smaller belt soon as my pants have begun falling down.  I look like I'm trying to be a wigger or something. :(

:thumbsup:

Maybe it's how I am with regular cokes.  They're not wretch-worthy, but I think they taste terrible.

Sweet tea, though--I don't drink it much anymore, because, yeah, it is fattening, but when I do, I tend to pack it away.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Nerf Super Soaker Tornado Strike

Pros: 2 and 3 year olds can handle the water gun, and the magazine system trains them for the future with real guns. I was proud when I see them switching magazines.

Cons: The water blast is weak sauce. Super soaker my ass. The old school soakers were better. Magazines(sold separately) are low capacity. You'll need 3 or 4 to maintain a running battle. Cats do not like to be soaked.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 09, 2011, 01:35:55 PM
Pros: 2 and 3 year olds can handle the water gun, and the magazine system trains them for the future with real guns.

You sir dare call yourself an American?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".