News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2011, 10:13:35 PM
Fuck. Ask her out. Show her your record collection.
In that order?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2011, 10:13:35 PM
Fuck. Ask her out. Show her your record collection.

She's living with an unemployed contractor in a house she bought with him, raising his 6 year old kid since she was 2 and still dealing with baby's momma drama, and accepted the engagement ring even though she doesn't want to get married, and was crying in the office the day after.  I can count on both hands the number of times we've seen her on her cell phone crying in her car in the parking lot.
She's broken six ways from Sunday.  No thanks.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2011, 10:35:40 PM
She's broken six ways from Sunday. 

I thought that was the way you liked them?

Or was that the only ones who'd like you?  I always confuse the two... :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2011, 10:43:25 AM
I obtained a bag of "retro" Doritos Taco flavor chips. Instead of the shitty new chips they have been selling, this bag promised me the flavor of the old days when I was lad. The flavor of the 70's.

Interesting coincidence, Taco Bell is going to make Tacos out of Doritos.

http://bites.today.com/_news/2011/04/13/6465904-taco-bell-tests-out-taco-shells-made-from-doritos
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Octavian

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2011, 04:27:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2011, 04:03:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2011, 02:16:01 PMI have to show my wife how we lived in the dark ages. The look on her face when I made Jiffy Pop was priceless.

I want a childbride too.  :(

It is fantastic. Women our age ain't worth it.

My wife turns 30 next week. That plus the fact that she has a kid (my kid) has resulted in me telling her that I will make some changes in personel the next couple of weeks. She tried to object but was quickly stopped as always by my trusted pater familias argument.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Brazen

The yoof I work with didn't know who Red Adaire was :o  :(

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on April 18, 2011, 04:12:26 AM

A young chick who no longer works for us once asked over lunch, "Have you heard about this guy, Jimi Hendrix?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

I didn't know him until you posted his name.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 18, 2011, 04:23:17 AM
I didn't know him until you posted his name.

I still don't know even after looking him up at wiki, the only guy with a similar name is an oil well firefighter, but I doubt it is him who B was thinking of.  :P

Eddie Teach

"Famous firefighter" isn't exactly a common phrase.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Syt on April 18, 2011, 04:14:22 AM
The yoof I work with didn't know who Red Adaire was :o :(

A young chick who no longer works for us once asked over lunch, "Have you heard about this guy, Jimi Hendrix?"

Does she now "work" in your "basement" inside a "small cubicle"?

Brazen

Quote from: The Larch on April 18, 2011, 04:43:30 AM
I still don't know even after looking him up at wiki, the only guy with a similar name is an oil well firefighter, but I doubt it is him who B was thinking of.  :P
Why the hell wouldn't you think it was him? He was an absolute hero when I was growing up.

It wasn't him who danced with Ginger Rogers you know.