Fucking fuck traveling for work fuck

Started by CountDeMoney, April 15, 2010, 05:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2010, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2010, 03:29:51 PM
-dry community
HA.  Since my county has gone wet, we now have:

b) a sports bar in one of the gas stations (with an attached liquor store)

Good times. :smoke:

There is a shocker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Recently I was slated to go to Korea for three weeks but I told them to fuck off.

Well, I didn't use those exact words, but I made it clear it was a bad idea.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 15, 2010, 05:35:00 PM
Recently I was slated to go to Korea for three weeks but I told them to fuck off.

Well, I didn't use those exact words, but I made it clear it was a bad idea.

I hope S. Korea keeps Tim. Without internet access.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2010, 05:27:50 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2010, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2010, 03:29:51 PM
-dry community
HA.  Since my county has gone wet, we now have:

b) a sports bar in one of the gas stations (with an attached liquor store)

Good times. :smoke:

There is a shocker.

Is there anything Caliga *can't* do in a gas station in his county?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Check this shit out.  This BBQ pit has the best damn ribs ever (and it's right down the road):

This is the front yard.  That's right, the BBQ pit is also a tractor scrapyard.  Across the street you can see the gas station with the sports bar:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 15, 2010, 03:23:15 PM
Quote from: Berkut
A few days is nice.

5 days or so, maybe a week, is ok.

More than that it really starts to suck.

Yeah, agree 100%

For my part, work trips have been to: Sao Paulo, San Diego, New York, Hong Kong and LA.

They can be good, they can be tedious - depends how close they are together, how long they are and what else is going on in my life at the time.

I had fun on my 2.5 week business adventure but that was because of the locations and my lack of a personal life.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2010, 05:36:17 AM
I have to fly to Phoenix in June.  Fucking fuck.

"But it's a dry heat, man."  Well, so's your fucking oven.  Fucking Arizona in summer.

Anybody else have to go someplace they don't want to go for work?

This will make you feel better... when I was much younger I went (on the spur of the moment) to Arizona on the 1st of August, thinking "How hot could it be"? Motherfucker. It was Hot. Phoenix BTW is the ugliest city I've ever been to. They do have more waterslide parks than anywhere else though.
:p

CountDeMoney

As much as I despise traveling for work, I am attempting to muscle in on the company's trip to China next year on the executive protection detail.

That's right, baby.  CdM's got his sights on the belly of the beast itself.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2010, 06:09:01 AM
That's right, baby.  CdM's got his sights on the belly of the beast itself. Chinese pussy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

My mother in law's former boss travels to China constantly for business (she works for Yum! and they're opening KFC outlets nonstop there).  All she's ever said about China is how amazingly OSSUM it is.  I do however suspect she gets the VIP treatment due both to her position and China's love affair with Colonel Sanders.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2010, 06:09:01 AM
As much as I despise traveling for work, I am attempting to muscle in on the company's trip to China next year on the executive protection detail.

That's right, baby.  CdM's got his sights on the belly of the beast itself.

If you go, let me know when and where and I'll let share a few tips :cheers:

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2010, 06:56:01 AM
My mother in law's former boss travels to China constantly for business (she works for Yum! and they're opening KFC outlets nonstop there).  All she's ever said about China is how amazingly OSSUM it is.  I do however suspect she gets the VIP treatment due both to her position and China's love affair with Colonel Sanders.

If you're going to China to visit people of middle class or higher status, or if you're there on business, there's a 98% chance you'll get the VIP treatment.  You pretty much won't be allowed to pay for anything, people will give you random presents and people will continuously try to feed you and get you drunk.

Hospitality is a big thing there, and while it's not necessarily about you but about face and local status, you still get to benefit.  Whatever other problems China has, visiting there as a guest of anyone who is remotely anybody is, in fact, awesome even if you're not particularly important.  I imagine it might be even nice if you are some sort of big shot, but even as a fairly average foreigner you get taken care of really well.