News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are you a poseur?

Started by Martinus, April 10, 2009, 12:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Do you consider yourself a poseur? Do you enjoy adopting poses (in terms of the image you project to others)? Are you an attention whore? Or a drama queen?

I'm: guilty as charged.  :blush:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I used to when I was a lot younger, but got bored with doing that, also people seemd to prefer the "real" person to the projections, which were really a cut-down version or a mere sub-set.

To a certain extent my internet persona is a pose; I'm somewhat grumpier and more misanthropic IRL, but it's so easy for internet discussions to descend into abusive chaos that I think that is a rational stance rather than a mere pose.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2009, 12:42:11 PM
Do you consider yourself a poseur?

No.
QuoteDo you enjoy adopting poses (in terms of the image you project to others)?

No, except on Languish.
QuoteAre you an attention whore?

No.
QuoteOr a drama queen?

No.
QuoteI'm: guilty as charged.  :blush:

Yes.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

syk

Caliga

Quote from: syk on April 10, 2009, 01:06:49 PM
Are you: Toreador?

Marti would have to be a cross between a Toreador and a Ventrue, since he refuses to do specific things for some odd, aloof reason.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2009, 01:23:51 PM

Marti would have to be a cross between a Toreador and a Ventrue, since he refuses to do specific things for some odd, aloof reason.  :)
LOL actually I think I would make a cross between a Toreador and a Brujah (which are two my favourite clans I usually play :P).

Frenzy trigger: gay rights. :P

Actually, I once played a gay Anarch in a Vampire: Dark Ages game. He ended up being staked and put out to the sun, after he managed to diablerize a Lasombra primogen after a heated "debate". :P

Lettow77

Im not, and spend alot of time trying to fight the conception that I am. That is to say..people tend to think my opinions on cats or yankees are the only facet of my personality, which is regrettably magnified on languish.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2009, 12:42:11 PM
Do you consider yourself a poseur? Do you enjoy adopting poses (in terms of the image you project to others)? Are you an attention whore? Or a drama queen?

I'm: guilty as charged.  :blush:

No. Not really. Yes. Yes.

syk

He can take it as derangement.  2 points maybe?

DGuller

Nope, I'm honest to a fault sometimes.

Martinus

Quote from: syk on April 10, 2009, 01:43:07 PM

He can take it as derangement.  2 points maybe?
Actually, I have been running a Requiem game for about two weeks now (based on the "official" New Orleans setting).

By the new rules, I'm definitely a Daeva. :P

DontSayBanana

Meh. IRL, for the most part, I'm a quiet type, until I've gotten used to someone, around which point I tend to develop a case of verbal diarrhea. That's about as close as I come.

At 5' 3", it's a little hard to strike poses. ;)
Experience bij!