Polish conservatives again at the forefront of cultural war!

Started by Martinus, April 11, 2009, 05:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

April 10, 2009
Polish Politician Questions Zoo Over "Gay" Elephant
By Julie Bolcer
A right-wing Polish politician wants to know why his local zoo spent money on an elephant he calls "gay."

Michal Grzes, a counselor from the western city of Poznan, noted that the elephant, Ninio, prefers the company of other males, and challenged the zoo's fiscal wisdom for acquiring him.

"We didn't pay 37 million zlotys ($11 million U.S.) for the largest elephant house in Europe to have a gay elephant live there," said Grzes, according to London's Daily Mail.

"We were supposed to have a herd," Grzes continued, "but as Ninio prefers male friends over females, how will he produce offspring?"

Ninio, who is 10, has changed zoos three times in the past five years because of his aggressive behavior toward females, in contrast to his affectionate treatment of males.

The head of the Poznan zoo contends that any conclusions about same-sex trunk intertwining are premature because Ninio will not reach sexual maturity until age 14.

Grzes is a member of the Law and Justice Party. Two of the party's most high-profile members, the identical twin brothers Jaroslaw and Lech Kaczynski, have been outspoken in their homophobic views. Lech is the current president of Poland.

:D

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point