Main Menu

Are you calling me a Tatar?

Started by Alatriste, April 08, 2010, 07:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 05:54:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2010, 05:51:02 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 08, 2010, 10:20:52 AM
The best part is, there is no other handy adjective in English that could substitute for "something or someone from Kievan Rus".

Steppetard and Stepptardite.

Sorry, but Icelandtards have really no place laughing at other nations. :P

What, poland isn't a nation anymore?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on April 09, 2010, 05:57:38 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 05:54:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2010, 05:51:02 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 08, 2010, 10:20:52 AM
The best part is, there is no other handy adjective in English that could substitute for "something or someone from Kievan Rus".

Steppetard and Stepptardite.

Sorry, but Icelandtards have really no place laughing at other nations. :P

What, poland isn't a nation anymore?
Perhaps Marti considers them to be a tribe of Russians?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 05:50:42 PM
Sorry, but Jewish people are the last ones who should be mentoring others about silly territorial disputes based on obscure historical claims. :P

When did that happen?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2010, 05:39:39 PM
I thought that as far as Ukrainian cities go, L'viv was quite nice?   :)

Depends on how much of the historic ambiance of the place you can appreciate between beatings.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: Solmyr on April 08, 2010, 02:06:27 PM
Quote from: Sahib on April 08, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
"Ruthenian"?

Why the fuck should we use a Latin name for a place where Latin was never even used? Not to mention that "Russia" was used in Latin documents as well to denote Kievan Rus.

Well, in the West we still use Latin sometimes because we still have some degree of civilization.  That wouldn't apply in Eastern Europe, though, so I don't know why anyone would use it there.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on April 09, 2010, 01:05:15 PM
"Ruthenian"?

Why the fuck should we use a Latin name for a place where Latin was never even used? Not to mention that "Russia" was used in Latin documents as well to denote Kievan Rus.

Well, in the West we still use Latin sometimes because we still have some degree of civilization.  That wouldn't apply in Eastern Europe, though, so I don't know why anyone would use it there.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2010, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: dps on April 09, 2010, 01:05:15 PM
"Ruthenian"?

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

I hereby propose that anyone who partakes in that silly 'quoting someone who screwed up the coding' meme have the word 'Retard" added to their title. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2010, 02:07:59 PM
Fuck you.

I hereby propose that anyone who partakes in that silly 'quoting someone who screwed up the coding' meme have the word 'Retard" added to their title.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.