And we're back!

Main Menu

Kyrgyz uprising seizes security HQ

Started by citizen k, April 07, 2010, 02:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2010, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 07, 2010, 06:22:16 PM
They do on the riot shields, and on the policeman's helmet.

Maybe they're imports.

Thank Hod for subtitles.

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 08, 2010, 04:24:42 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2010, 07:50:45 PM
Russia will be moving in to restore order and execute local government soon.

Do they have oil?
Doesn't matter.  They're former Russian Empire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

They have 3 IP, two iron, and three coal.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

:lol: The rebels are pro-Russian.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 05:53:39 PM
:lol: The rebels are pro-Russia.
And so the Russian troops will restore order and shoot any partisans of the old government.

You know, Obama makes Woodrow Wilson look like Harry Truman, and George W. Bush look like George H. W. Bush.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2010, 06:22:56 PM
You know, Obama makes Woodrow Wilson look like Harry Truman, and George W. Bush look like George H. W. Bush.

He should win the Oscars for makeup and costume design, along with the Nobel.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 09, 2010, 09:00:39 AM

See, and it's that sort of willingness to bend over on quality to heap honours upon Obama that bothers me about you.  Those sorts of minor changes aren't worthy of an Oscar.  How if he had made credible-looking humanoid aliens or made Brad Pitt look like a shrivelled old man, then I'd say he was worthy of it.  But making one middle-aged white man look like another middle-aged white man that is his first-degree relative, not so much.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2010, 10:49:27 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 09, 2010, 09:00:39 AM

See, and it's that sort of willingness to bend over on quality to heap honours upon Obama that bothers me about you.  Those sorts of minor changes aren't worthy of an Oscar.  How if he had made credible-looking humanoid aliens or made Brad Pitt look like a shrivelled old man, then I'd say he was worthy of it.  But making one middle-aged white man look like another middle-aged white man that is his first-degree relative, not so much.
But, according to you, he is making two middle-aged men look like two other middle-aged men.

Big difference.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!