Lettow's hero and racist unique snowflake Terreblanche beaten to death.

Started by Ed Anger, April 03, 2010, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 03, 2010, 11:22:03 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on April 03, 2010, 06:41:09 PMIt's a terrible bit of PR for South Africa with the World Cup just around the corner though.

Yeah, tens of thousands of murders and hundreds of thousands of robberies, rapes, burglaries, etc. surely aren't worse PR than the killing of an old AWB leader.

Nah, let's focus on one guy who had little power being killed.  Let's ignore the thousands of other farm murders while we're at it.

And which murder is going to make the headlines around the world at a critical time? The high crime rate that we've had mentioned in our papers and on TV for so many years that we are now blase about it? Or the murder of a man who's name is likely to be remembered by many people in the west from the fall of the Apartheid era?

As I said, terrible PR.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on April 04, 2010, 06:43:33 AM
And which murder is going to make the headlines around the world at a critical time? The high crime rate that we've had mentioned in our papers and on TV for so many years that we are now blase about it? Or the murder of a man who's name is likely to be remembered by many people in the west from the fall of the Apartheid era?

As I said, terrible PR.
The fall of apartheid was a minor occurance from a long time ago.  The people who would remember him would be the people with an interest in South Africa, and those people will have already committed suicide in despair over what the ANC did to the country.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Tickets remain unsold huh. Thats odd.
This won't be a very good world cup off the pitch at all.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on April 04, 2010, 06:48:34 AM
The fall of apartheid was a minor occurance from a long time ago.  The people who would remember him would be the people with an interest in South Africa, and those people will have already committed suicide in despair over what the ANC did to the country.

Ignoring the parts that are pure "Neilism". :)

People tend to remember armed militias and particularly well reported multiple killings. Thanks to his organisation's idiot expedition to support the government of one of the "Black Homelands", I am sure his name is better remembered than you believe.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 03, 2010, 11:10:40 PM
The Afrikaners should push for independence.
They tried that once before and it didn't work out very well.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Agelastus on April 04, 2010, 07:02:30 AM

People tend to remember armed militias and particularly well reported multiple killings. Thanks to his organisation's idiot expedition to support the government of one of the "Black Homelands", I am sure his name is better remembered than you believe.

I dunno, I didn't know who he was and I'll likely forget tomorrow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

I think you overestimate the extent to which people care about armed militias in Africa.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2010, 07:06:07 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on April 03, 2010, 11:10:40 PM
The Afrikaners should push for independence.
They tried that once before and it didn't work out very well.

I'd like to see them try again and get hacked apart by the darkies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on April 04, 2010, 07:09:57 AM

I think you overestimate the extent to which people care about armed militias in Africa.

They care about them when every paper in the country has a picture of a wounded white man begging for his life in a wrecked car containing the bodies of his two colleagues, with numerous blacks, some armed, standing around. It doesn't really matter that the idiot whites had gone into the town to shoot up some blacks. That's not what the picture shows.

A man who was killed after the photo was taken.

That kind of thing sticks in the memory; it's why I remember Terreblanche's name.

Now, I don't know for certain how prominent that picture was around the world, but I cannot imagine that it did not feature heavily in the USA, for example. So in this case I think you are wrong about how many people will recognise the name.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Neil

You could never show that picture in the US.  It would be racist.

Alexandru H.

I blame Mandela.

Put that damn porchmonkey where he belongs, in prison! <_<

Razgovory

Alexandru H.

Razgovory

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 04, 2010, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2010, 11:15:52 AM
What is it with eastern Europeans and bigotry?
:huh:

I'm not a bigot. I actually love the Boers.

JR was right.  You are the eastern European Lettow.

Long live Breaker Morant.